No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rakhim Chakhkiev, 34, Announces Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rakhim Chakhkiev, 34, Announces Retirement From Boxing

Former IBO cruiserweight champion and 2008 Beijing heavyweight gold medalist Rakhim Chakhkiev announced his retirement from prizefighting on Saturday, according to the TASS media agency. "I'm done with boxing after twenty years of fighting. It's time to hang'em up. I had dedicated twelve years to amateur boxing, reaching its very peak by becoming the Olympic champion. I consider my achievements in prizefighting to be fairly meaningful. Of course, I haven't realized my full potential [as a pro] that's true but there's a number of other activities to be involved and achievements to be earned", said Chakhkiev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn cats retiring early from boxing like crazy lately. That brain injury sh^t musta caught peoples attention finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Damn cats retiring early from boxing like crazy lately. That brain injury sh^t musta caught peoples attention finally.
      Haha Perhaps. 34 really doesn't seem too young to me for an athlete to retire from a combat sport. Not everyone ages the same, and the absolute peak of athleticism tends to decline around that age anyway. Maybe Rakhim feels he made enough money to sustain himself and his family, long term, and doesn't see the need to risk his health. I don't blame him at all. All the best to Chakhkiev in retirement.

Comment

OK this would be news if anyone knew who this Turd was. Good luck guy, whoever you are. See you at me next oil change.

Comment

His fights were exciting but he had a disappointing career. He should've at least been able to win a title.

Comment

Another member of the I-can-bang-but-I-get-knocked-out gang. Kudryashov to follow quite soon in retirement after another couple of brain-shattering punches like that of Dorticos last night.

Comment

Damn, that's too bad, the machine was always in fun fights. He was kind of like the David Price of CW. Big power, exciting fighter but bad china and gassed out after a few rounds. I would have loved to see him fight Kudryashov!!!

Comment

I was absolutely sold by this guy, dude was like a feral animal. I sure wouldn't wanna get into a straight fight with this cat.

Dude won an Olympic Gold and youth Silver but somewhere along the line just neglected to utilise any of the skills he utilised picking up those damn medals after turning pro, his fights were brilliant to watch but he was facing guys after his first loss he should have fought before facing Wlodarczyk. I don't think his conditioning was a major issue, he just invested 12 rounds conditioning into five WILD ass rounds. If boxing was 3-4 rounds this guy would win everything out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  To be fair to Rakhim he's one of those guys that genuinely has a high likelihood of doing permanent damage to himself if he carries on.

Comment

Who ????????

Comment

Working...
                    X