Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Right Now It's 1-1; I Want a Third Fight With Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Right Now It's 1-1; I Want a Third Fight With Ward

LAS VEGAS Sergey Kovalev knows it probably isn't a realistic expectation, but he wants a third fight against Andre Ward. Kovalev considers their series even. The former light heavyweight champion thinks he should be given credit for winning their first fight, which Ward narrowly won by unanimous decision (114-113 on all three scorecards) on November 19 at T-Mobile Arena. Despite another controversial conclusion, Kovalev concedes Ward won their rematch June 17 at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol...........

Comment

More like 2-0 Kovalev, but Kovalev is trying to be diplomatic. They definitely have unfinished business, but I'm not interested in seeing Ward fight again period, never was, and unless Kovalev can fix his stamina, then I'm not as excited to watch him fight either, although at least fights will be entertaining, stamina or not. But in terms of watching him at the top level, he's no longer a prime fighter if his stamina is gone. Then again, as I said, even past his prime, he likely would have been 2-0 against Ward if not for corruption, so maybe he's just that good he only needs 3 rounds of energy to still beat these guys. But it's definitely caused him to play it safe, is all I'm saying, and even put himself in position to get robbed, which he did.

Comment

Well, if Krusher beats a couple of high-profile boxers, why not? Let's say he KOs Barrera after he's done with Shabransky. Ward doesn't have many dance partners at LHW. Stevenson hasn't fought anybody of note for years. Cruiserweight is full of killers and I hope Ward has enough sense not to go there. I'd watch the fight, wouldn't you?

Comment

I think it's easier to give Kovalev 6 rounds than Ward 7 first fight, but he clearly needs to fix something in his camp and preparation, if it's even fixable.

Comment

Sergey should have got a victory in the 1st fight, but the way the 2nd fight ended removed any intrigue or interest in the 3rd fight.

Sergey learnt nothing from it, he still thinks he can do it all on his own. I don't see him lasting long before he retires.

Comment

I actually agree with kovalev

Most think ward was gifted in fight 1 on the cards

Most think ward was gifted in fight 2 with a low blow stoppage .

I think they should fight again.

Even mayweather said ward lost the first fight.

Even the ref admitted he was wrong on fight 2 with the low blow stoppage.

Have a trilogy fight . Pick a good ref and competent judges.

Comment

uhh it's 2-0 Ward. I had Kov winning the 1st fight but judges felt ward won. No need for a third IMO. if it happens, fine. This time they will not stop it and Ward can brutalize him.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Sergey should have got a victory in the 1st fight, but the way the 2nd fight ended removed any intrigue or interest in the 3rd fight.

Sergey learnt nothing from it, he still thinks he can do it all on his own. I don't see him lasting long before he retires.
                  He is so drunk he thinks he beat Andre, he neesds to lay off the booze

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                    I actually agree with kovalev

Most think ward was gifted in fight 1 on the cards

Most think ward was gifted in fight 2 with a low blow stoppage .

I think they should fight again.

Even mayweather said ward lost the first fight.

Even the ref admitted he was wrong on fight 2 with the low blow stoppage.

Have a trilogy fight . Pick a good ref and competent judges.
                    when??????????

Comment

Working...
                    X