Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Filip Hrgovic, Tom Schwarz, Denis Radovan, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Filip Hrgovic, Tom Schwarz, Denis Radovan, More

Croatian heavyweight Filip Hrgovic, world class for years in the amateurs and bronze medal winner in the Rio Olympics, has been surrounded by rumors of turning pro with Sauerland Event for some time now. The pro debut (well, hes been a pro for some time already) could go ahead September 30 in Riga (Latvoia) in a supporting bout to Mairis Briedis vs Mike Perez. There is no comment from Team Sauerland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hrgovic is probably the most talented HW to turn pro from the 2016 Olympics. Joyce is robotic and already 32 years old. Yoka has a very weak chin and a really amateurish style that will not suit him in the pro ranks imo.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteHW View Post
      Hrgovic is probably the most talented HW to turn pro from the 2016 Olympics. Joyce is robotic and already 32 years old. Yoka has a very weak chin and a really amateurish style that will not suit him in the pro ranks imo.
      Yeah this is exciting news. Hrgovic could go far

Comment

Originally posted by PeteHW View Post
        Ive actually cooled off on my Yoka hate for now. He was the beneficiary of many debateable decisions in the Ams, but he wasnt a bad fighter.

Still young. Athletic. Ive wiped the slate clean and will just wait and see.

Hrgovic is very exciting. My favourite SHW amateur of the post AJ (or maybe more accurately, post Cammerelle) era. Seems a natural puncher. Can be a bit cumbersome at times though, Joyce tagged him at will with the jab at times in their WSB bout.

Should be exciting to see all 3 develop. Plenty of time for Yoka and Hrgovic, but Joyce should probably get a shift on. Lewison is a great, and dangerous, start.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Ive actually cooled off on my Yoka hate for now. He was the beneficiary of many debateable decisions in the Ams, but he wasnt a bad fighter.

Still young. Athletic. Ive wiped the slate clean and will just wait and see.
          He has nice hands, a very aesthetic style when he's on form. I liked the nickname "L'artiste", wish they'd stuck with it

Comment

Working...
          X