Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Jim Lampley Talks Chocolatito Defeat, Mayweather, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Jim Lampley Talks Chocolatito Defeat, Mayweather, More

Jim Lampley Video Interview - Srisaket Sor Rungvisai knocked out Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez in the fourth round Saturday with a devastating right hook to retain his WBC super flyweight world title in his second straight win over the former champ.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Jim Lampley Video Interview - Srisaket Sor Rungvisai knocked out Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez in the fourth round Saturday with a devastating right hook to retain his WBC super flyweight world title in his second straight win over the former champ.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Fire fight????? Skilled fighters don't make Fire Fights Jim!!!!!
    This fight won't be better than MayMac from a casual stand point!
    I expect Canelo to handle GGG 8 rounds to 4 in a fight with very few moments of hell!!!

Comment

Until yesterday Lampley had Choclitito as his p4p guy. But he has very llittle to say as to why he got blown out. The truth is Choco was a great offensive fighter. His success was his awsome output.
      In Lampley's casual mind that is all there is to boxing. Now he says Choco wasn't the same. Yes he was, he simply met a guy whose power and punch out put was greater and Choco had no defense to offset the difference. Boxing is 50% defense. The best offensive fighter is not the best fighter. The most balanced fighter willl be the best fighter. Lamply and his ilk do not understand this.

Comment

Internet Nerd "Hardcore" Boxing fans - the same ones who are pretty much wrong about everything... said it was a fluke.

Face-foward, high-work rate fighters always eventually run into the big puncher that ends them or someone who shuts down the high-work rate...

Chocolatito was overrated for a long, long time. I'm so glad that hype-train derailed....

Comment

I told everyone that it was 2017 & all the fake hype about all fighters are coming to an end....lol.....Brook, kovalev, golovkin (they cheated Jacobs for the victory), Gonzalez, who is next lomachenko (though I think he is good but to put on the P4P List is foolish)? hbo is hurting ever since Floyd left....LMMFAO! jim lamply needs to be replaced......

Comment

"Just like you can't speak about Alexis Arguello without talking about Aaron Pryor you won't be able to speak about Roman Gonzalez without talking about Srisaket Sor Rungvisai"

Ummmm idk about that. Not that its not warranted, but idk that anyone can say his mfing name is the thing.

Also I bust BPP's balls for those sh^tty face offs they construct with two guys who've never faced off, but respect on putting in Lampley's famous glasses pic for no goddamn good reason at all cuz its always a lol moment for me.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              I told everyone that it was 2017 & all the fake hype about all fighters are coming to an end....lol.....Brook, kovalev, golovkin (they cheated Jacobs for the victory), Gonzalez, who is next lomachenko (though I think he is good but to put on the P4P List is foolish)? hbo is hurting ever since Floyd left....LMMFAO! jim lamply needs to be replaced......
              I think part of the problem is HBO is always claiming some fighter they find to be as good or better than Floyd. This creates expectations for that fighter that are tough to meet. I get HBO likes to kick Floyd's back in but if you tell me someone is as good as Floyd and they lose to Sor or Salido when they are supposed to blow them out, I think its fair to ask tough questions.

Gonzalez is a damn good boxer IMO. He just may not have been p4p #1 and on the level of Arguello despite his lofty accomplishments and is at the stage of his career where its hard to meet such high expectations.

Comment

I think Lampley and Kellerman just wanted to see who could say "Chocolatito" more than the other. Between the two of them they must have said it a thousand times in the short time the fight lasted. Like he is some kind of global superstar or something. God, those two are annoying

Comment

Working...
                X