Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joel Diaz: Tim Bradley Was Never The Same After Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joel Diaz: Tim Bradley Was Never The Same After Provodnikov

Last month, former two division world champion Timothy Bradley (33-2-1, 13 KOs), only 34 years old, announced his retirement from the sport of boxing. For the majority of his career, Bradley was trained by veteran coach Joel Diaz. Their partnership came to a very heated and unexpected ending in 2015, after an internal dispute saw Bradley part ways with Diaz and hire Teddy Atlas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder if Tim really retired because of the punishment he received in the ring, or did he realize Top Rank doesn't have any real quality welterweights to challenge him. I don't think Arum would let him fight PBC guys. Being the competitor that Tim is, it's difficult to believe he would turn down a big fight against Thurman for 2 belts or a fight with Danny Garcia.

Comment

Bradley's best performance actually was right after the fight with provodnikov when he out boxed Marquez. Either way, I agree that he retired at the right time.

Comment

It's OK Diaz, if you need a loan, I'm sure Timmeh would hook you up even after your disparaging comments about his family.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          Bradley's best performance actually was right after the fight with provodnikov when he out boxed Marquez. Either way, I agree that he retired at the right time.
          yes it was, but the provo fight was SO EXCITING!

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
            I became a fan of his long before he fought Pacquiao but that Marquez fight turned me into an admirer. That was a brilliant performance.

Comment

He's a fireman now.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                I wonder if Tim really retired because of the punishment he received in the ring, or did he realize Top Rank doesn't have any real quality welterweights to challenge him. I don't think Arum would let him fight PBC guys. Being the competitor that Tim is, it's difficult to believe he would turn down a big fight against Thurman for 2 belts or a fight with Danny Garcia.
                Exactly. And when you fight lesser opponents after you've been to the top, you perform at that lower level. Why fight for peanuts with nothing to gain? Why be a gatekeeper when you could rise to the occasion and win the title? Quite frankly though the young guns would inflict more damage to him, and he doesn't have one punch power. He almost got Ko'd recently. Bad sign. Time to retire and enjoy life.

Comment

We are firemen!

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                    um... so if that's the case why didnt he just leave TR? lol.. tim retired for his own good, lets just leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                    X