Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Miguel Cotto Returns, Drops Big Bombs on Kamegai

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Miguel Cotto Returns, Drops Big Bombs on Kamegai

Cotto vs. Kamegai Fight Photos Gallery - Miguel Cotto (41-5, 33 KOs), the only four-division world champion in Puerto Rico's rich boxing history, earned his sixth world title with a unanimous decision victory against the Japanese slugger Yoshihiro "El Maestrito" Kamegai (27-4-2, 24 KOs) for the vacant WBO Junior Middleweight World Title in front of a sold-out crowd of 7,689 boxing fans at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. The judges scored the bout 119-109, 118-110, and 120-108 in favor of Cotto.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well, when Ring Magazine does their segment of The Best I Fought with Cotto.

I know who is going to win the Best Chin category for Cotto.

Lol

Comment

Warr Cotto !!! you the best!

Comment

Cotto is running on experience, but he didn't have to look for Kamegai. Kamegai was cutting the ring off, double time.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Cotto is running on experience, but he didn't have to look for Kamegai. Kamegai was cutting the ring off, double time.
          I love those ring "best I've faced" articles. Bias aside, Margarito was right up there in the chin category too. The Prime version of cotto was landing bombs on him and he walked through them like Malignaggi was landing them.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
            I love those ring "best I've faced" articles. Bias aside, Margarito was right up there in the chin category too. The Prime version of cotto was landing bombs on him and he walked through them like Malignaggi was landing them.

Yeah but Margarito has been knocked out and dropped as well.

Kamegai has never been knocked out or dropped. Kamegai definitely has a better chin than Margarito. The guy is unreal on the punishment he takes but runs forward to get some more. The guy is like a cyborg robot or something. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post

Kamegai has never been knocked out or dropped. Kamegai definitely has a better chin than Margarito. The guy is unreal on the punishment he takes but runs forward to get some more. The guy is like a cyborg robot or something. Lol
              It was like track and field. Cotto knocked him back and he takes off running after Cotto. He did that all night, meanwhile, Conor gassed after three rounds.

Comment

Cotto did a excellent job last I'm glad he was able to pick up another strap in the process! Boxing will miss Cotto when he retires!! Very exciting fighter to watch!

Comment

"We want the winner of Canelo-GGG," said Freddie Roach, trainer to Miguel Cotto.

So, IOW, Cotto's last fight will definitely be an L. Shame too, the guy has made some history in his 16 years in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post

Nope, Marg has fought better competition than Kamegai, he would get KO the same vs Mosley and Pac verdions that fought Marg

Comment

Working...
                    X