No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Top Rank, ESPN Announce Long Term TV Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Top Rank, ESPN Announce Long Term TV Deal

Top Rank, ESPN Photos Gallery - ESPN and Top Rank today announced a vast and exclusive, multimedia agreement to make ESPN the home of Top Rank in the U.S. and Canada. Under the agreement, ESPN will televise live fights on ESPN and ESPN Deportes and stream them on the ESPN App, will stream fights and other Top Rank content on the recently announced ESPN-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service via BAMTech and deliver select pay-per-view (PPV) fight events. Photos by Mikey Williams/Top Rank.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Respect to TR in lining up their business. Best thing that happened to TR is Peter Nelson disliking Arum & Arum disliking Peter Nelson I guess.

Comment

I'd like to see TR sign Haymon fighters that have been on the shelf for too long now. It doesn't have to be the top guys.
      There's Felix Diaz, Collazo, Peterson, Khan would take it.
      If they can steal Lemieux from GBP the better.
      They just have to keep an eye on contract expirations.
      Last edited by rickJen; 08-26-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Bu but haymon taking over doe. Arum stay clowning on that boy. He even got a token ring girl

Comment

That's a good news

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
            Bu but haymon taking over doe. Arum stay clowning on that boy. He even got a token ring girl
            Wow just wow

Comment

For an announcement that was supposed to be this big thing, a lot was left unsaid

No mention of any money for the 18 dates, so my assumption is that it's a four-year time buy deal. A broad mention of distribution for the 18 dates, so how many dates set for ESPN is unclear.

Hopefully more details come out at some point

Comment

Originally posted by teetotaler View Post
                bu but haymon taking over doe. Arum stay clowning on that boy. He even got a token ring girl
                manny vs horn 2 and loma vsd marriaga 2 lmfao.. No one cares about those bum fights

Comment

Great read for those interested in the business of bundling in boxing. If you read between the lines of the write up (particularly the uptick of 20 percent in viewership for FS1) one could deduct this Top Rank deal is a reaction to a looming FS1 deal with PBC. Seems like the conclusion of the UFC negotiations will determine the final number for PBC.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou...epth/PBC.aspx?

FS1 has been building viewership across its platform since the addition of Colin, Skip, PBC, and the Big3. They've had a good year in terms of growth.

Honestly after finally watching the station this week, I'm going to watch the channel more. I thought their coverage was better than ESPN's

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    No mention of any money for the 18 dates, so my assumption is that it's a four-year time buy deal. A broad mention of distribution for the 18 dates, so how many dates set for ESPN is unclear.

Hopefully more details come out at some point
                    I dont think it's a time-buy. See my post.

Comment

Working...
                    X