Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Cancels His Return Due To Illness, Eyes Fall Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Cancels His Return Due To Illness, Eyes Fall Bout

Former WBA featherweight world champion Nicholas 'The Axeman' Walters has pushed back his return, which was scheduled for this coming Saturday night against Mexico's Arturo Santos Reyes in Lincoln, Nebraska The fight was going to be part of the undercard to the Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo junior welterweight unification, which is being televised by ESPN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Definitely read the title of this article as "eyes fall out".

Comment

i would not pay to see him fight so glad he cancel we the fans have rights, to expect to see a fighter take a beating like a man and get knocked out, not bail when the going gets tough.

One of my favourite fighters that lost my respect

Comment

Too bad because the 130 division really misses Walters exciting talent, so long as he doesn't quit again barring a serious eye injury or something, which I'm not too concerned about. If it becomes a pattern, like with Victor Ortiz, then forget it, but so far the only guy he's quit against is Lomachenko, and he's not alone there.

But Walters against Fernando Vargas, Orlando Salido, Miguel Berchelt, even Corrales, Castellanos, Tank Davis, Tevin Farmer, or Gamboa, are all really fun matchups, and Walters might beat most of those guys. And if they ever move up, Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares, Oscar Valdez, or Carl Frampton would all make cracking fights against Walters.

I really hope we see all those fights as co-main events on some of these HBO, Showtime, or ESPN cards, and soon. The junior lightweight does not know what it's been missing with Walters out of the mix at that division. There are so many boxers around that weight class with styles that would mesh really well with Walters in 50-50 type matchups. Lomachenko is a step above, similar to GGG at 160, but there's no reason Walters and these other guys can't be the David Lemieux of 130, and make very good matchups like Lemieux-Stevens was.

HBO, Showtime, ESPN, how about we start seeing some of these good fights! ASAP! I mentioned like 10 names which means like 30 good possible matchups between them, and I think we've seen maybe four of them. Out of about 30. Four. It's pathetic. Start making fights please, boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          i would not pay to see him fight so glad he cancel we the fans have rights, to expect to see a fighter take a beating like a man and get knocked out, not bail when the going gets tough.

One of my favourite fighters that lost my respect
          As if you know anything about any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden.Gloves View Post
            Same. I was terrified for a moment there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Too bad because the 130 division really misses Walters exciting talent, so long as he doesn't quit again barring a serious eye injury or something, which I'm not too concerned about. If it becomes a pattern, like with Victor Ortiz, then forget it, but so far the only guy he's quit against is Lomachenko, and he's not alone there.

But Walters against Fernando Vargas, Orlando Salido, Miguel Berchelt, even Corrales, Castellanos, Tank Davis, Tevin Farmer, or Gamboa, are all really fun matchups, and Walters might beat most of those guys. And if they ever move up, Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares, Oscar Valdez, or Carl Frampton would all make cracking fights against Walters.

I really hope we see all those fights as co-main events on some of these HBO, Showtime, or ESPN cards, and soon. The junior lightweight does not know what it's been missing with Walters out of the mix at that division. There are so many boxers around that weight class with styles that would mesh really well with Walters in 50-50 type matchups. Lomachenko is a step above, similar to GGG at 160, but there's no reason Walters and these other guys can't be the David Lemieux of 130, and make very good matchups like Lemieux-Stevens was.

HBO, Showtime, ESPN, how about we start seeing some of these good fights! ASAP! I mentioned like 10 names which means like 30 good possible matchups between them, and I think we've seen maybe four of them. Out of about 30. Four. It's pathetic. Start making fights please, boxing!
              I know it's Friday man but it seems you started drinking a little too early.
              Fernando Vargas would beat the **** out of Walters. He's way too big for Walters. Plus he's retired.
              Now if you meant Francisco Vargas then that's more evenly matched. I think that would be a great fight and would love to see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden.Gloves View Post
                Yep, me too!

Nicholas Walters Cancels His Return Due To Illness, Eyes Fall Out

pmsl

Comment

First he quits and then he hands in a doctor's sick note lmao

Comment

Walters is just looking to throw his career away. I'm not sure what illness he could have to cancel with one day notice.

Comment

Working...
                    X