No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly vs. Dmitry Bivol is Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly vs. Dmitry Bivol is Ordered By The WBA

The World Boxing Association (WBA) Championship Committee ordered the match between WBA "regular" light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly and the WBA interim-light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol - to establish a mandatory challenger to WBA "super" champion Andre Ward.
    [Click Here To Read More]

RIP Mr. Cleverly!

Comment

Sh^t I was just asking in another thread if Cleverly vs Jack wasn't happening.

Although randomly hasn't Bivol said he wants more fights before he fights for a belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Sh^t I was just asking in another thread if Cleverly vs Jack wasn't happening.

Although randomly hasn't Bivol said he wants more fights before he fights for a belt?
        Doubt he was referring to Cleverly though, Cleverly a sitting duck

How the hell did he go from the Mayweather/McGregor undercard to getting his ass handed to him in Russia?

Comment

Damn, I feel for Cleverly. Kovalev destroyed him to win his first title and begin his dominant run. Seems like he'll be Bivol walking mat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Doubt he was referring to Cleverly though, Cleverly a sitting duck

How the hell did he go from the Mayweather/McGregor undercard to getting his ass handed to him in Russia?
            LOL & yea thats a rough turn of events. Jack definitely fighting TBA & Jack vs Cleverly was getting talked about a lot & I'm not really hearing it lately so not looking good.

Comment

Damn. It seems like this Mayweather-McGregor undercard is going to stink! Davis isn't fighting Salido or Farmer, and now Jack isn't fighting Cleverly. Anyone know best possible scenario for undercard now?

Comment

Bivol still needs a bit more seasoning but this is probably too good an opportunity to turn down. I would rather have seen Cleverly-Jack though, not sure what has happened with that, perhaps Floyd did not want to spend precious tax money on paying for that fight on his undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  LOL & yea thats a rough turn of events. Jack definitely fighting TBA & Jack vs Cleverly was getting talked about a lot & I'm not really hearing it lately so not looking good.
                  Last I read Cleverly wasnt happy with the money that was being offered. Russians will probably pay a bucket load for this fight on purse bids, always seem to get carried away with their bid

Comment

Originally posted by Thetruthiserrol View Post
                    Damn. It seems like this Mayweather-McGregor undercard is going to stink! Davis isn't fighting Salido or Farmer, and now Jack isn't fighting Cleverly. Anyone know best possible scenario for undercard now?
                    Jack-Cleverley was a **** fight anyway. Cleverley sucks. Bivol-Jack would be a good fight. Cleverley vs either is a blowout. I'm kind of glad it's Bivol though since Bivol-Ward would be a good fight for the WBA, Jack-Ward.. well that would probably also be a good fight given how Jack has looked recently. But he couldn't KO Degale at 168 so maybe not. Plus Memo fighters do not do as well with VADA.

Bivol-Ward is not only the better fight, but way easier to make on HBO, so this is the better situation.

However, I doubt Ward fights either of them. It sounds like he can't make 175 anymore. My guess, my opinion, is that he took so many PEDs leading up to the Kovalev fight, he gained too much muscle to make 175 comfortably anymore. But that's just my opinion and he has never tested positive for a PED test to my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X