Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Randy Caballero vs. Diego De La Hoya in Play For Canelo-Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Randy Caballero vs. Diego De La Hoya in Play For Canelo-Golovkin

According to Diego De La Hoya and his trainer Joel Diaz, a deal has been reach for a fight with Randy Caballero - which would take place on September 16th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The fight would be part of the HBO Pay-Per-View undercard to the middleweight showdown between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight, but also shows that all promoters are keeping things in-house these days

Comment

I like where this is going, winner is a step closer to facing Rey Vargas for the WBC 122 pound strap. I got a feeling that Golden-Boy is going to make Randy pay for his lack of professionalism ever since losing his 118 title on the scale and pulling out of fights -- which reminds me that maybe this is the reason why he pulled out his last one.

Randy better not sleep on Diego I cant believe hes fighting the bosses relative, it don't seem right.

Comment

This is a worthy undercard fight. Both guys have gotten exposure so they have a some name recognition which helps. Hopefully this gets finialized.

Hopefully this is one down two to go.

Keep in mind Golden Boy Promotions has 3 cards in a two week span to and literally only one fight is finialized which is Canelo vs GGG. Tic Toc Tic Toc Golden Boy.

Comment

This would be a very good test for the young and very protected DLH...

Comment

Orozco vs Roberto ortiz is final for the ppv undercard too. Diego vs Caballero is a great fight 2 undefeated in their prime winner getting a title shot next. Only problem is with Caballero a fight is always in doubt. Dude has pulled out of fights and killed fights because he missed weight. 2 major opportunities flush down the drain. Lost a spot on the canelo/cotto undercard and his belt because he missed weight. Got a headline on ESPN this summer against another tough undefeated fighter in Negrete. Pulls out the fight over a questionable injury. Hopefully the fight gets made and he shows up and on weight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              I like where this is going, winner is a step closer to facing Rey Vargas for the WBC 122 pound strap. I got a feeling that Golden-Boy is going to make Randy pay for his lack of professionalism ever since losing his 118 title on the scale and pulling out of fights -- which reminds me that maybe this is the reason why he pulled out his last one.

Randy better not sleep on Diego I cant believe hes fighting the bosses relative, it don't seem right.
              He got cold feet that Negrete fight was very dangerous I don't buy that injury at all. This is a tough fight too but beating Diego is a bigger name to your resume then Negrete. Unprofessional to pull out but the risk vs reward makes more sense. Diego was always getting on this undercard he's becoming a draw his fight on ESPN was golden boys biggest rating with 446K viewers.

Comment

Terrible undercard.....

Comment

The fight's less than 2 months away and there's only one known undercard fight, and it sucks balls. Golden Boy is dropping the ball on this promotion big time.

This fight is meh as well.

Comment

Finally they put pee wee hoya in with closer to an equal than the setups he has been facing. Finally pull his little a$$ out of the kiddie pool.

Comment

Working...
                    X