Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Felt Like Failure, Had Dark Days After Santa Cruz Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton Felt Like Failure, Had Dark Days After Santa Cruz Loss

Carl Frampton felt like "a failure" after losing for the first time as a professional fighter. The former featherweight champion detailed the depressing days he endured in the aftermath of his loss to Leo Santa Cruz in the column he wrote for Sunday's editions of the Belfast Telegraph, his hometown newspaper. Santa Cruz avenged his own first defeat by boxing better in their 12-round rematch and winning a majority decision over Northern Ireland's Frampton on January 28 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You ducked rigondeaux and abandon the mandatory at 122 and then lost to panticruz??
    Both of you are jokes and duckers ... rigondeaux has been waiting for you all .
    Why don't you fight him now ? Rabbit frampton? You been exposed already .

Hit and not be hit ; can not hit what you don't see .

Comment

so what, you won a close fight and lost a close fight. at least frampton had the balls to take hard fights back to back, hes a top quality fighter.

Comment

Most fighters lose. No big deal.

Comment

I am an american and big Santa cruz fan but frampton fought his heart out and should feel no shame! He also didnt make any excuses which was very classy and refreshing in todays day and age.... Frampton vs Selby 2018! Lets go!

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth View Post
            most fighters lose. No big deal.
            exactly and frampton didnt make any excuses which was even more admirable...

Comment

And on that note considering BOTH scraps were entertaining I wouldn't seeing them going at it again.

Comment

Boxers who fight valiantly and lose should still be praised, but this is the only sport where a loss can lose you your esteem, be mocked and your previous accomplishments ignored. The only reason it was hard to take a loss in boxing, I think, is because of disgusting fan and boxing reporters reaction. You don't see this in tennis, football or any other sport. Frampton shouldn't have felt like a failure after the fight, same way as Murray losing in this years Wimbledon didn't feel like a failure. Only those that just turn up for a pay check should feel this way.
                Last edited by iamboxing; 07-24-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

To me this is how every great fighter should feel about losing. If it doesnt really bother you to lose then there is no point in fighting anymore. Use it to make you better, to never experience that feeling again.

Comment

Then I guess he would have been suicidal after fighting Rigo..

Comment

Working...
                    X