Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Butler-Hall II, Davies-Farrell, Fielding-Brophy on September 30

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Butler-Hall II, Davies-Farrell, Fielding-Brophy on September 30

Paul Butler has signed a promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing and will face bitter rival Stuart Hall in an eliminator for the WBA World Bantamweight title at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on September 30, live on Sky Sports. Butler took the IBF crown from Hall via split decision in May 2014 in Newcastle and now Hall gets the chance to gain revenge in the Ellesmere Port man's backyard - with a route to the WBA belt that's in the hands of Jamie McDonnell, who is set for his own rematch with Liborio Solis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's a pretty nice show and I'm kind of impressed to see Ohara jump right back into another real fight

Comment

A lot of good British level fights here. Not sure what Hall has left, but 1 last shot in a rematch against a guy that he had a competitive first fight with is good. Butler hasn't really been in a big fight since that loss to Tete, so good to see him in a meaningful match again. Dodd vs Stalker a very evenly matched domestic scrap. Brophy coming off a big upset win down in Australia against Dunn, so no problem seeing him give it a go against Fielding. Really surprised Davies is coming back so soon after that loss, think he should still be able to beat Farrell though. Sky will probably rebuild him quickly and have him back in big fights pretty soon.

Comment

Very solid card.

Comment

Solid card, Davies is about to get loss number 2

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Butler hasn't really been in a big fight since that loss to Tete, so good to see him in a meaningful match again.
            Think he was supposed to fight McDonnell last month but Warren pulled the plug at the last moment, so hes jumped ship. Gotta presume Butler gets his shot at the winner of Solis/McDonnell at the end of the year, no doubt Hearn got options on Solis.

Comment

Seems like too soon for Ohara to get back in the ring to me. Seems like a bad decision, although idk if its a big enough of a deal for him to catch a L or not, but doesn't seem like a smart call.

Comment

Lol, he may actually get murdered up there

Comment

stalker is going to get ko'd, they need to put dodd in an eliminator cause he's no spring chicken. Put him in with crolla, or is joe gallagher too scared? Or is crolla too big time now lol. Or put him in with barroso or darleys perez.

I don't see how boxrec have brophy ahead of fielding in the ratings. Fielding needs to beat guys like ryder 10 rounds to 2 and not let it get close.

Butler is not very smart for joining joe gallagher he will be stiff and robotic now, hall will beat him if he's got 80% of himself left.

Dodd eliminator is a better headline than gallagher robot ungainly and tediously trying to plod forward. I'm sure casual fans will prefer to see dodd eliminator even if he loses than a frustratingly inept joe gallagher boxer unable to get a punch off. Plus you could do a back story, build it up.
                  Last edited by knockoutkid; 07-25-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

The UK has some of the worlds ugliest people I have ever seen, I wonder what could be the reason for this.

Comment

Working...
                    X