No announcement yet.

Castillo vs. Corrales – Here We Go Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castillo vs. Corrales – Here We Go Again

“I just hope his new nutritionist isn’t named Dunkin Hines.” So says Diego Corrales about his nemesis Jose Luis Castillo, as both fighters prepare for their rubber match this weekend. He was alluding to their notorious rematch in which Castillo came in well above the lightweight limit and proceeded to pummel a weight drained Corrales into a final, crushing left hook that knocked the champion out in the fourth round. Because of the weight issue Corrales’ belt was not on the line but the knockout evened their rivalry at one victory apiece. The fact that both fights had a certain level of controversy demanded a third bout which will take place this Saturday night at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Corrales’ trainer Joe Goosen sighs wearily whenever Castillo’s name is brought up. The exhaustion of that first epic battle, one of the great fights of all time, still registers in his body language. “A fight like that is almost criminal. And then to do it again only months later is ridiculous. But that’s the mentality of both of these guys. However, I lost a lot of respect for Castillo after the rematch because he made no effort to make the weight. And then you had the foot wedge under the scale. That just proved his camp had no intention of making weight.” [details]

Unfortunately this trilogy will be tainted by the weight issue according to the same people that never watched Corrales' sour mouthpiece in episode 1.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Justice will be served this time. Cheaters have no place in boxing, and Corrales erases the biggest one maybe of all time come Saturday.

Comment

“It was so blatant,” Ratner said. “It became obvious that Castillo and his camp never had any intention of making the weight.”

LOL even Marc Ratner knows he cheated. He didn't even insinuate it, he flat out said it. Awesome.

Comment

I just hope Castillo makes weight tomorrow or we will not have a fight this Saturday.

Comment

hopefully corrales can keep his mouth piece in. keep it in enough to get KTFO in the 6th

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego
              “It was so blatant,” Ratner said. “It became obvious that Castillo and his camp never had any intention of making the weight.”

LOL even Marc Ratner knows he cheated. He didn't even insinuate it, he flat out said it. Awesome.
              Right on. It appears he had no intention. I am betting on, believe and hope that Corrales knocks Castillo out.

Comment

I cannot wait for this fight, another night at stayin up at 4am in the morning, and then going to work a few hours later...i wouldnt change it for the world!!!

Comment

Does anyone at all think it will go 12 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Mishra100
                    Does anyone at all think it will go 12 rounds?
                    I really doubt it would but there is the possibilty. Only scenario in which I see it going the distance is if Corrales boxes the entire fight. But even when he boxes he still sits on his shots a good amount of the time to deliver power. Corrales is also a warrior and prideful I think he wants to show everyone he can take out Castillo and will attempt to do so by mostly standing in front of Castillo and occasionally boxing.

Chances of it going the distance 3%

Comment

Working...
                    X