Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Koncz Backs Arum: Pacquiao's Corner Didn't Have a Strategy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Koncz Backs Arum: Pacquiao's Corner Didn't Have a Strategy!

Michael Koncz, the long-time adviser to eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, agrees with the opinion of Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum - who felt Pacquiao's corner was overconfident and unprepared for last weekend's world title defense against 2012 Australian Olympian Jeff Horn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This coward throwing people under the bus

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Michael Koncz, the long-time adviser to eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, agrees with the opinion of Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum - who felt Pacquiao's corner was overconfident and unprepared for last weekend's world title defense against 2012 Australian Olympian Jeff Horn.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Pac obviously won. Clearer than Kov vs ward 1.

Horn did well against an aging Pac but used very dirty tactics and jjst because you do better than expectations doesn't mean you should get the decision.

Comment

This just validates what boxing fans know for so long that Koncz is a slime ball. PAC needs to change team with immediate effect, the general consensus is that he won this fight. I would not be surprised if Koncz is part of the set-up. Let this be clear, Pac pays Koncz. Can you imagine your personal adviser throwing you under the bus?

Comment

Originally posted by Slimjoe View Post
          This just validates what boxing fans know for so long that Koncz is a slime ball. PAC needs to change team with immediate effect, the general consensus is that he won this fight. I would not be surprised if Koncz is part of the set-up. Let this be clear, Pac pays Koncz. Can you imagine your personal adviser throwing you under the bus?

"The main reason why VQ was hired to look into the missing money was because Manny believed that his fight promoter was not paying him his fair share," a recent press release, distributed by Michael Lodge, President and CEO of VisionQwest Resources Group, stated. It also shockingly revealed that prior to their involvment, the financial records of the 8-divison world championwere in complete disarray, simply made up of hand-written notes, a series of unorganized emails, and six boxes of receipts.....

..... Once VisionQwest got involved, the company quickly realized that Manny Paquiao had no true knowledge of his financial worth, missing a number of key documents, including "bout contracts, bank statements, bout proceed distributions, endorsement contracts, promoter contracts, co-promoter contracts, and property ownership records" to name a few.....

..... That being said, from the limited documentation they were able to gather, VisionQwest's staff discovered "various accounting issues" and became concerned with the a number of questions that remained unanswered. Evidently, they became even more concerned when they discovered "ridiculous amounts of money" being paid to Michael Koncz and, according to the press release, discovered that he was working on behalf of Top Rank.....

..... does anyone truly believe that Pacquiao's decisions when it comes to his boxing career aren't being manipulated by his promoter with the help of his advisor?
          "

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10813.html

Comment

Lmao pacroid is still pacroid, a dumbskull, konc was appointed by arum years ago to manipulate the uneducated pacroid
            Pacquaio is too stupid to leave arum he believes he has to remain loyal to this old POS til death

Comment

Pacquaio's entire team - "the fight was close"

Fans - "robbery!!"

Comment

When you see a fool, play a fool. If Pacquiao likes it I love it. I'd hate to see what his finances looks like...yikes.

Comment

January 7, 2014:

In a recent interview, Manny Pacquiao's long-time Filipino lawyer, Franklin Gacal, raised a number of eyebrows after urging promoter Bob Arum to release the multi-division world champion from his contractual obligations. Responsible for reviewing all of Pacquiao's contracts, both in and out of the ring, Gacal has long-been considered one of the closest confidants of the fighting congressman from Sarangani, who named him his Chief of Staff after his election. To the surprise of many, Gacal revealed that he has never seen Pacquiao's current contract with Top Rank thanks to adviser Michael Koncz, who apparently kept it hidden from him.

"The current contract [between Top Rank and Pacquiao] was never shown to me. Mike hid it from me. He did not show the contract to me. He did not inform me. I told Mike, 'You know that it is for the best interest of Manny that no contract should be signed for the moment because apparently that is what Floyd [Mayweather] wants or his condition," explained Gacal, who is currently recovering from a stroke that left him paralyzed on the right side of his body. He also pointed the finger at Koncz for the current tax issues that Pacquiao is going through. "Well, it appears there is really a problem. The IRS is claiming there is a tax deficiency. If there were some mistakes, it was Mike's fault. Why did it happen? They were supposed to have hired accountants. At the end of the year, after the filing of the tax returns, all problems should have been solved. If the US still has claims, there should be problems with recording and everything. So this is the point man's fault and that is Mike"

Gacal also suggested that Koncz may not have Pacquiao's best interest at heart and is more concerned about maintaining good relations with Arum. "Mike looks up to Bob Arum when Pacquiao is done with boxing. When Pacquiao is done, who is he? So he has to maintain his good relations with Bob Arum," Gacal continued in an interview with Edwin Espejo of Rappler.com. He went on to explain why Pacquiao has kept Koncz around for so long. "Manny is a good man. If you show him loyalty and you really work for him, you will be rewarded. Steal from him 10 times and asked for forgiveness once, he will forgive you 11 times."

It seems now, even members of Pacquiao's inner circle agree with what Alex Ariza first told FightHype readers over two years ago; that Bob Arum and Michael Koncz are preventing a mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao from taking place. "For this fight, Arum should not be involved. That is the only way for the fight to happen. Everybody wants the fight. Bob should give way if that is the only way. That is the advice I can give to Manny for now," Gacal added.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15895.html

Comment

Manny needs to fire this dirty snake and hire al haymon!

Comment

Working...
                    X