Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zou Shiming Makes Changes: Will Fight Without Top Rank, Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zou Shiming Makes Changes: Will Fight Without Top Rank, Roach

China's world champion Zou Shiming has become his own man, taking the drastic step of promoting his latest fight on his own in a move that has infuriated his long-time business partners. Zou (9-1, 2 KOs) will return to the ring later this month to make his first world title defence since lifting the WBO flyweight belt in Las Vegas last November, but he won't be joined by leading boxing promoter, Top Rank, or his long-time sports management partner, Seca.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Seems like once Arum realised Macau wasn't going to be the big market he was hoping for he pretty much had no plans left for this guy.

Comment

Lets hope the boxingscene and their petty fan boys dont start bashing this kid since arum is not behind him....

Comment

Zou is smarter than he looks.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology
          I would do things to this guys wife
          It is his wife doe. You cant say sht like that.

Comment

Gotta give this guy props for taking his career into his own hands.
            It's might work for him or it might not. But can't hate on him for stepping up and trying.

Comment

Originally posted by p4ptbe View Post
              Lets hope the boxingscene and their petty fan boys dont start bashing this kid since arum is not behind him....
              Nobody blamed Shiming, it was the media who made an association with Roach and tried to label this guy the next Manny Pacquiao.

If I were advising Zou, I'd tell him to hook up with the dudes Sor Rungvisai is using.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Nobody blamed Shiming, it was the media who made an association with Roach and tried to label this guy the next Manny Pacquiao.

If I were advising Zou, I'd tell him to hook up with the dudes Sor Rungvisai is using.
                or maybe TEKKEN promotions like chocolatito and cuadras use...

Comment

Arum has been making some pretty weak fights. I can't blame him.

Comment

Respect to Zou. He's a smart cat even if he was slow to get there. F#cking guy with a billion people watching his fights don't need a f#cking promoter.

Just like all these promoters try to keep big fights in house or options with the winners if their guys lose, fighters need to try to keep more of the money they generate in their own house by self promotion or freelancing fight by fight when they have the drawing power to do so & this guy had drawing power from his first fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X