Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation Exec: Flores Intentionally Stayed Down on the Canvas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roc Nation Exec: Flores Intentionally Stayed Down on the Canvas

Dino Duva didn't use the "F" word. Then again, it wasn't really necessary. Duva, an executive for Roc Nation Sports (Rigondeaux's promoter), made it perfectly clear Monday that the handlers for Guillermo Rigondeaux believe Moises Flores was faking June 17 in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pauli and Roy Jones who were providing commentary for different networks, HBO and Sky both said the same thing, that Flores was faking. Pauli made a going point about how the delayed response took place. He said the kind of KO if it is real where a fighter lands on the canvas like Flores did, is not a delayed response and that when a fighter lands that way, it is a complete lights out, not a delay and that delay told the story.
    Last edited by richardt; 06-26-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

He was. He was attempting to get Rigondeaux DQ'd. It's no mystery to that. His falling to the canvas was a delayed reaction. It's called competition and gamesmanship. Every opponent tries to gain an extra advantage if they can.

Kovalev attempted the very same thing with Andre Ward but got his ass knocked out for his trouble because the referee wasn't having none of that. He saw straight through him. He was faking low blows in order to gain a breather and get points deducted from Ward.

The fake mutha should be ashamed of himself for slicking a can of oil on his fans like that. The man has no scruples.

Comment

Yea I agree.

Idk how you can do much after looking at the rulebook except change the rulebook in the future, but I believe its not in the spirit of the sport to fake an injury in an attempt to win or not lose.

That said idk how you can prove one is or isn't faking as that seems like a highly subjective thing in many cases that a ref may or may not be skilled at doing. Just opens a whole new bag of worms at that point so I understand the NC, but Flores committed the biggest foul against boxing by faking.

Comment

He's every bit the actor as Andre Dirrell. He shouldn't be given anymore opportunities on American TV. Hopefully the WBA doesn't reinstate his interim title either.

With that said the NC is the correct call as he was clearly hit after the bell. In order to avoid dealing with shenanigans from cowards like Flores (and Dirrell) it would be wise to avoid hitting them after the bell.

Comment

It was an act, a horrible flop and and an act job. However, the initial foul was clearly after the bell. Both fighters threw and Rigo's landed. With that, the NC is the correct call. Flores should have took his 5 and his ass beating that was coming, but wanted no part of that.

Comment

People is fu.ckin crazy and ignorant.

Rigondeaux destroyed the jaw of ****ens and has a lot of K.O's.

The shot was totally clear.

I saw the video a lot of times and it was powerful.

F.uck off people.

I'm happy because this time the justice won.

Comment

A rematch is NOT needed here, Rigo knovks him the Fugg out again.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Pauli and Roy Jones who were providing commentary for different networks, HBO and Sky both said the same thing, that Flores was faking. Pauli made a going point about how the delayed response took place. He said the kind of KO if it is real where a fighter lands on the canvas like Flores did, is not a delayed response and that when a fighter lands that way, it is a complete lights out, not a delay and that delay told the story.
                  Paulie? Hahaha that little bi.tch?

That guy is pure sh.it.

He was a mediocre fighter that got a gift vs fuc.kin Pablo Ceasar Cano.

People is forgetting that Rigo destroyed the jaw of ****ens and was hurting Donaire with his left hand.

People on here is a disgrace.

So... a guy that destroyed the jaw of his last rival and they are talking about a guy doing a show when he was punched totally clear for the same guy.

Hahahaha humans in these days are bad of his mental faculties

Comment

I agree that he faked it and because of that, I will not watch another Flores fight, unless it's against Rigo where he will punish him. That one round showed me all that I needed to see that Flores was no match for Rigo. I hope Rigo just vacates and moves up to 126 or fights Loma at whatever weight they can reconcile at.... Hell, because Rigo is small for 122, it would be great if he could get to 118 and fight Yamanaka. That would be an incredible fight that I'm surprised more people aren't interested in...

Comment

Working...
                    X