Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC Changes Rigondeaux-Flores Result From KO to a No-Contest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: NSAC Changes Rigondeaux-Flores Result From KO to a No-Contest

The Nevada State Athletic Commission voted unanimously during a Monday morning meeting to change the result of the Guillermo Rigondeaux-Moises Flores fight to a no-contest. Rigondeaux originally was declared a winner by first-round knockout June 17 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The NSAC changed the result to a no-contest because video and audio evidence proved Rigondeaux's fight-ending left hand clearly landed after the bell sounded to end the first round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's the right decision, Rigo held him illegally and then KO'ed him after the bell. But the worst part was really the blatant holding of the neck/behind the head, I don't think it would've been a big deal if the punch landed and there was no holding.

Flores was acting though, after talking so tough pre-fight, he goes out like that. Glad it wasn't a DQ win, that chump does not deserve that.

Comment

They just got to overturn the Ward vs Kovalev II fight to a NC now

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        It's the right decision, Rigo held him illegally and then KO'ed him after the bell. But the worst part was really the blatant holding of the neck/behind the head, I don't think it would've been a big deal if the punch landed and there was no holding.

Flores was acting though, after talking so tough pre-fight, he goes out like that. Glad it wasn't a DQ win, that chump does not deserve that.
        True, Rigo held behind the head for a couple of punches, but he wasn't holding when he landed the shot after the bell. Not that it matters. Just saying. Lol Anyway, I agree with the board's decision, and I'm also glad they didn't DQ Rigo. That would've been a travesty.

Comment

Correct decision "officially". But I know who the better man is and do not want to see this again.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            They just got to overturn the Ward vs Kovalev II fight to a NC now

Comment

Flores the fake shouldnt get a big fight anytime soon. Not that i gave him much chance against Rigo but i know that alot of people did for some reason.

Comment

Wouldn't have felt bad for Flores if the KO stood, mostly because he seemed to be trying to sell a DQ. But I think NC is objectively the best call, and is what I would vote for if I was in the NSAC's shoes.

The WBA likely will order a rematch.
                God I hope not

Comment

That's the correct call

Comment

I think it is the right decision.. Rigo was holding him behind the head, the ref stepped in to stop that but & by that time the bell had rung.. The ref messed it up by saying its a KO..
                    NC was a fair decision but what hopeless acting by Flores..

Comment

Working...
                    X