No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Logan Yoon Has The Makings of The Next Big Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Logan Yoon Has The Makings of The Next Big Thing

As UFC star Max Holloway continues to push for his next fight to take place in Hawaii, another fighter from the area, Logan Yoon, is taking his talents on the road to make a name for himself. Yoon is considered by some to be the next big thing in the sport of boxing, but his venture into the sport at eight years old was something of an accident.
    [Click Here To Read More]

'My number one priority is to spread the word of God'

I hope he loses just for that, go work in a church, no boxing fan ever got converted to religion by a post-fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

I hope he loses just for that, go work in a church, no boxing fan ever got converted to religion by a post-fight interview.
      He can do what he likes. You ain't gotta approve. He's interview is he's interview.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
        He can do what he likes. You ain't gotta approve. He's interview is he's interview.
        The same is true of every interview ever posted on this site, people can approve or not, so what?

Comment

I hate religious bull**** as much as any reasonable person but maybe a little crazy helps boxers. They already been taught to believe things without evidence , maybe that kind of thinking would make them delusional enough to not analyze statistically low chance of becoming a champion. This can put doubt in a mind of a boxer. When a boxer doesn't doubt himself he can push himself much further.

Comment

The same is true of every interview ever posted on this site, people can approve or not, so what?
            Yeah sure.. You just appeared to be telling him to join a church, which he might be a part of, but he hasn't got to do that to say whatever he wants. If he wants to use he's visabiity to spread a message good for him. After all, if he's up there in that position, he's earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
              I hate religious bull**** as much as any reasonable person but maybe a little crazy helps boxers. They already been taught to believe things without evidence , maybe that kind of thinking would make them delusional enough to not analyze statistically low chance of becoming a champion. This can put doubt in a mind of a boxer. When a boxer doesn't doubt himself he can push himself much further.
              I think alot of people who face danger in their occupation have a belief in something bigger. It worked for Ali and Holyfield for sure. Not sure why someone would wish him failure just because of he's belief system like Clegg does.

Comment

I think alot of people who face danger in their occupation have a belief in something bigger. It worked for Ali and Holyfield for sure. Not sure why someone would wish him failure just because of he's belief system like Clegg does.
                Same reason religious people demonize atheists. It's easy to look at people who don't share your beliefs and put them in lesser category.

Comment

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
                  Same reason religious people demonize atheists. It's easy to look at people who don't share your beliefs and put them in lesser category.
                  I don't get why anyone would hate a fighter based on he's beliefs. Christian, Muslim, Atheist. Or like Mike Tyson all three in a row. If your a good fighter your a good fighter.

Comment

I don't get why anyone would hate a fighter based on he's beliefs. Christian, Muslim, Atheist. Or like Mike Tyson all three in a row. If your a good fighter your a good fighter.
                    Because as much as people like to pretend they are rooting for a fighter they are mostly rooting for a person.
                    People are inherently tribalistic and if you are from the "wrong " religion you are not in the right tribe.

Comment

Working...
                    X