Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Said as Soon as I Catch Him I Would Knock Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Said as Soon as I Catch Him I Would Knock Him Out

Adonis Stevenson stopped Polish challenger Andrzej Fonfara at 28 seconds of the second round Saturday night to successfully defend the World Boxing Council light heavyweight title. The Montreal fighter pounded Fonfara with left-hand blows before Fonfara's corner waved to referee Michael Griffin to stop the beating.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Adonis fight plz fight Alvarez or the Ward/Kovalev winner next.....

Comment

Virgil Hunter did a great job as usual, no other trainer in the game understands his fighters better. It was clear to see that Adonis was on the verge of another life threatening blow at any moment and Fonfara had just been KO vs. Joe Smith jr. Its also important to note how much time he had to recover during the break and still immediately begining round #2. Adonis was hitting Fonfara with vicious, dangerous punches...without question Virgil Hunter saved Fonfara from long term injury.

You know this reminds me of how Deontay Wilder is going to spark Bermane Stiverne : just like Adonis had injured his hand in the first fight so did Deontay but look at the difference in this fight...Wow! but enough about the 'Bronze-Bomber'

Is there a harder puncher at 175? theres a reason why Pascal and Kovalev went on to fight each other leaving out Adonis just like the HW have left Deontay alone...oops I said I wasn't going steal Stevenson moment but the parallels are just to striking not to mention.

I just hope Fonfara is safe, Thats what I hope.
      Last edited by 1hourRun; 06-04-2017, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Adonis Stevenson is without a doubt the most dangerous fighter at 175 lbs, I don't know who the best 175 pounder is because the best still didn't fight each others, but I think Stevenson can legit hurt anyone he faces. I would like to see him fight the Kovalev vs Ward winner (probably will never happen due to politics) if not that then a fight with Joe Smith or Beterbiev would be great. I think Alvarez is food for Adonis.

Comment

GIF: Adonis Stevenson vs. Andrzej Fonfara II - Stoppage.

Even before this Adonis was landing flush on Fonfara right from the beginning of the the second round. Great Job by Virgil Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            Adonis Stevenson is without a doubt the most dangerous fighter at 175 lbs, I don't know who the best 175 pounder is because the best still didn't fight each others, but I think Stevenson can legit hurt anyone he faces. I would like to see him fight the Kovalev vs Ward winner (probably will never happen due to politics) if not that then a fight with Joe Smith or Beterbiev would be great. I think Alvarez is food for Adonis.
            Good to see Stevenson hasn't lost a step. A lot of good fights to be made at 175 and Stevenson is probably the hardest to game plan for because he's an accurate lefty with rare one punch power. At 39 he is still more explosive than anybody in the division. Alvarez and Joe Smith should stay away. Any fight involving Stevenson, Kovalev, Ward, and Beterbiev against each other is must watch.
            Last edited by kingmaker; 06-04-2017, 03:02 AM. Reason: against each other

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
              Adonis fight plz fight Alvarez or the Ward/Kovalev winner next.....
              They have to step up.

Don't put it all on one guy....that's what fools do.

Comment

I expect the Alvarez fight to happen IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I expect the Alvarez fight to happen IMO.
                  ... let me see: he didn't fight Pascal... he didn't fight Barrera... he didn't fight Alvarez... he didn't fight Beterbiev... a.s.o. .................... but he fights Fonfara twice... ok, ok..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    They have to step up.

Don't put it all on one guy....that's what fools do.
                    Like you blame GGG for everything ?
                    on topic , i think Stevenson can take out Ward and can beat Kovalev as well but those are harder to make , not fighting your mando on the same network is shameful i hope he goes ahead and KO`s Alvarez this year and we get that unification early next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X