Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Khurtsidze Hungrier, Can Damage Saunders in Any Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: Khurtsidze Hungrier, Can Damage Saunders in Any Round

Billy Joe Saunders has been warned that his dreams of facing the winner of Canelo Alvarez v Gennady Golovkin will be ruined by the desire of Avtandil Khurtsidze. Undefeated Saunders, 27, makes the second defence his WBO Middleweight title against the colourful Georgian at London's Copper Box Arena on July 8, live on BT Sport and BoxNation.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Khurtsidze is one of the few bright spots of boxing. A little guy who shows up in good shape, unlike those stick figure weaklings he KTFO.

Comment

He's kinda right. Lou acknowledges, as does anyone with a whit of boxing sense, that Saunders is a superior boxer - when he is in form, but Billie Joe has always had problems with his stamina and appears to let it slide between fights. Add in his inactivity and Avtandil could present a big (forgive me) problem for him. I'm quite convinced Saunders will outbox AK early rounds, but the tiny buzzsaw is just gonna keep coming and Saunders will have to maintain a high pace and level of focus throughout the fight... something I'm not sure he's gonna be able to do.

Comment

If Saunders is really on his game he can outbox Khurtsidze.

Comment

Fantastic style match up this

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
            If Saunders is really on his game he can outbox Khurtsidze.
            Very true. Its a perfect test. Any good boxer could handle Khurt over 12, he's not that good. But if you make a mistake, he'll make you pay. So if Saunders has any flaws in his game, Khurt will find them - and only so many mistakes allowed before Saunders will pay the ultimate price.

If its the same Saunders that showed up in the last fight, Khurt wins easy.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
              Very true. Its a perfect test. Any good boxer could handle Khurt over 12, he's not that good. But if you make a mistake, he'll make you pay. So if Saunders has any flaws in his game, Khurt will find them - and only so many mistakes allowed before Saunders will pay the ultimate price.

If its the same Saunders that showed up in the last fight, Khurt wins easy.
              Think Saunders knows this guy is a threat so he'll train properly. He keeps ballooning up in weight between fights which isn't good so that could affect him. I bought tickets so will be making the four hour trip to London to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                He's kinda right. Lou acknowledges, as does anyone with a whit of boxing sense, that Saunders is a superior boxer - when he is in form, but Billie Joe has always had problems with his stamina and appears to let it slide between fights. Add in his inactivity and Avtandil could present a big (forgive me) problem for him. I'm quite convinced Saunders will outbox AK early rounds, but the tiny buzzsaw is just gonna keep coming and Saunders will have to maintain a high pace and level of focus throughout the fight... something I'm not sure he's gonna be able to do.
                Good points. This could be a repeat of the Douglas fight. Douglas was much more skilled but you see it all the time ... skilled fighters who don't have enough power to put out a dangerous opponent and then BAM !! - they get caught. Harrison-Hurd is another recent fight that comes
                to mind

Comment

hungrier? has lou not seen bjs recently?

Comment

I suddenly was reminded of Eubanks Jr. reading this - what the hell is going on in his career? Is he now going to stay at SMW ? Or come back down to MW. I get that he dropped the Golovkin fight because he was considered not ready - but these are his prime years - since he fought Saunders his career has been so badly handled that he may now be the worse-handled contender /champ in th eworld edging out Andrade and Rigo.

Comment

Working...
                    X