Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis vs. Liam Walsh: UK Experts Make Their Picks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis vs. Liam Walsh: UK Experts Make Their Picks

The odds makers might list IBF Super-Featherweight king Gervonta Tank' Davis as a prohibitive 3-1 on favourite ahead of his maiden and mandatory defence against Cromer's Liam Walsh at The Copper Box Arena in Hackney Wick on May 20th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

yeah liam smith or whatever will surely win

Comment

And lets put this in perspective. Few expect Walsh to win this - he might, but he's expected to be outgunned. Meantime, Davis is stated to be 'not ready' for Loma, ie his team and pretty much everyone else knows he wouldn't stand a hope in hell against Loma.

So this kind of identifies where Walsh is in the pecking order - a good solid contender, but not much more. I think he could indeed beat the Pedraza that Davis beat as that version of Pedraza was woeful - pretty sure Loma would have just treated that Pedroza as a punching bag (well, like Davis did) and be asking why he was in the ring in the first place. At least Walsh would give it a shot like Sosa did.

I'm not sold on Davis yet, I'd like to see how he handles someone like Tevin Farmer first.

Comment

Gervonta wins by late knock out

Comment

Walsh is a good fighter but not well known at all, so he's a bit underrated and probably has the ability to beat some decent fighters on his day.

I still think Davis will have too much for him though.

Comment

Walsh will become a star after he beats Davis.

Comment

Of all those opinions, Ashley Theophane's is the one that holds the most weight.

He has actually been in the gym with both fighters.

Comment

These are so-called experts ???there are people on this site, myself included , know more than all these
                " experts"combined... I'll just go with Davis winning sometime between around 8 and 10...

Comment

Originally posted by DonutHunter View Post
                  Walsh will become a star after he beats Davis.
                  Not if he does it on the fly, like Haskins. Winning in reverse, avoiding the action.

Comment

Working...
                  X