Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daser Stops Afolabi, Mikhalkin Beats Oosthuizen, Hammer Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daser Stops Afolabi, Mikhalkin Beats Oosthuizen, Hammer Wins

The big show organized by EC Boxing at the Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany is now in the books. In the main event, Mario Daser (13-0, 6 KOs) picked up the biggest win of his career over world title challenger and former top contender Ola Afolabi (22-6-4, 11 KOs), with a third round stoppage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The big show organized by EC Boxing at the Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany is now in the books. In the main event, Mario Daser (13-0, 6 KOs) picked up the biggest win of his career over world title challenger and former top contender Ola Afolabi (22-6-4, 11 KOs), with a third round stoppage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

was it the weight ?

I thought he might have trouble when I heard he missed weight

anyone see that fight ?

Comment

just watched it, looked dodgy af tbh.

Ola looked like he wasnt even trying, or putting any power in his shots. he didnt look hurt at all, and the corner immediately stops it.

it reeks of ' come out of retirement ola, quick easy money, for us to add your name on daser's resume'

That daser guy looks very bad, turtle shell, plodding forward, no head movement.
      like a poor mans Arthur Abraham...

Comment

Wasn't Oothuizen supposed to have been a super middleweight prospect some years back? I seem to recall him fighting on HBO and underperforming.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
          Wasn't Oothuizen supposed to have been a super middleweight prospect some years back? I seem to recall him fighting on HBO and underperforming.
          Yeah, I seem to recall him on an HBO Card and he looked incredibly underwhelming in getting a decision over a pedestrian opponent. I think Oustheisen has had some issues making weight in the past and his trainers were pretty frustrated with his dedication. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            just watched it, looked dodgy af tbh.

Ola looked like he wasnt even trying, or putting any power in his shots. he didnt look hurt at all, and the corner immediately stops it.

it reeks of ' come out of retirement ola, quick easy money, for us to add your name on daser's resume'

That daser guy looks very bad, turtle shell, plodding forward, no head movement.
            like a poor mans Arthur Abraham...
            Wonder how deeply they look into these things. A few times in recent memory people got busted fixing fights but seems like now nobody bothers to investigate.
            When they see late money on dude, I wonder who investigates it if anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              Yeah, I seem to recall him on an HBO Card and he looked incredibly underwhelming in getting a decision over a pedestrian opponent. I think Oustheisen has had some issues making weight in the past and his trainers were pretty frustrated with his dedication. Too bad.
              weight problems were/are the least of his problems

Hes been out of the game because of his drug/alchohol addictions which caused his manager / team to leave him and his career to pretty much be over.

I didnt even know he was back...

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                Yeah, some people were talking about a fight with him and Ward.

Comment

All of the fights didn't go as I expected. Figured Afolabi would at least put up a fight, but I wouldn't be shocked if they gave him a pay day to come out of retirement and lie down for Daser. Sad if true. Oosthuizen used to be viewed as a legit threat and I'm surprised he apparently was handled by so easily by a fringe contender like Mikhalkin. And I thought Hammer would surely obliterate that cruiserweight journeyman, but I guess that was the closest fight of all?! WTF

Comment

Tommy O is the biggest let down in SA boxing history! trains on beer & spars in the pub!!..

Comment

Working...
                    X