Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Eyes Move: There's A lot of Opportunities at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Eyes Move: There's A lot of Opportunities at 147

The undefeated champion will defend his titles Saturday against Felix Diaz, a 2008 Olympic gold medalist from the Dominican Republic. It's Crawford's first bout in the main arena at Madison Square Garden, another step in his rise to becoming one of boxing's marquee fighters. But the bigger fights are at bigger weights, and moving up to welterweight could give him lucrative opportunities against the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Keith Thurman.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This guy is a true warrior

Comment

I think if he takes the next fight at 147 against Thurman, Brook, Or Pacquiao, he loses. Hes a weight bully, talented yes, but hes cleaning up a division without a pulse. 147 is STACKED. And has better fighters overall than 140. 140 & 154 are like the softer divisions where as 147 is full of war ready fighters

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
        I think if he takes the next fight at 147 against Thurman, Brook, Or Pacquiao, he loses. Hes a weight bully, talented yes, but hes cleaning up a division without a pulse. 147 is STACKED. And has better fighters overall than 140. 140 & 154 are like the softer divisions where as 147 is full of war ready fighters
        ... of course that, initially, he would fight lesser guys at 147... like Lamont Peterson (WBA...)

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
          How is he a weight bully? If he can make the weight then he is following the rules properly.

And it's not like he is draining himself severely to make 140. He seems to do it rather comfortably.

Comment

Damn... how can such big guy make 140 comfortably?

Comment

The card was originally ticketed for the Prudential Center in Stevenson's hometown of Newark, New Jersey, before the Garden stepped in with an offer to host. Promoter Bob Arum thought New York was a fitting location not only because fighters of so many nationalities are on the card, but because he believes Crawford needs to fight in certain venues before he gets certain fights.
              I just checked Ticketmaster and this fight isn't selling. I wish I was in New York this weekend I'd go.

Comment

Glad to hear a move up is in the plan soon. Bud had got a nice career path ahead of him. Man, I'd love to see him get in the mix at 147 for sure. A Crawford/Thurman fight would be a great!!

Comment

Man, I want any mix of Crawford/Garcia/Loma to fight. They're all talking about moving up. I hope they don't all move up at the same time where they'll all still be in different divisions. Looks like its gonna be Garcia-Loma if Crawford goes to 147.

Comment

That's the spirit.. Take a year or so growing into 147 and then there are awesome fights to be made..

Comment

Working...
                    X