Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford on Getting His Proper Credit: I'll Just Keep Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford on Getting His Proper Credit: I'll Just Keep Winning

New York - Terence Crawford (30-0, 21 KO's) returns to the squared circle, defending his WBO and WBC junior. welterweight titles against Dominican Olympic Gold Medalist Felix Diaz (19-1, 9 KO's). The HBO televised fight will take place inside the big room in Madison Square Garden. Although Crawford may be a sizable favorite, the unbeaten champion isn't keen on the odds and expects Diaz to come in there with his best.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The guy who asked about canelo and ggg was either trolling hard as hell,or just doesn't understand how weight classes work.

Comment

Doesn't get credit? He is considered by most to be a top 5 P4P guy. If not top 10, for sure. If he is talking about fame, fans, etc, it is because he has an awful personality and shuts out all the media. That's on him. He is a very good fighter, but that doesn't necessarily translate to money and fame unless you help it along.

Comment

Move up and fight some better competition

Comment

Crawford needs to understand when certain people just want you to loose, they will never give you credit no matter what you do! Since Crawford seems unbeatable at 140, many people want to see him move up to 147. If Crawford beat certain guys at 147, then he would be ask to move up again. No one is asking Mikey to move up to 140! The most hated guys are asked to do more than your favorite fighters! With the 147 division being so stacked, there's only a few guys who are willing to fight the best! Porter, Brook, Thurman, Bradley, & now Spence are the only ones who will fight back to back tough fights but people want Crawford to move-up & fight Spence, Garcia, Thurman, & now Canelo and GGG! GTFOH

Comment

Crawford gets the appropriate amount of respect/hype. He's the best by far at 140. Everyone knows that. He's one of the top p4p fighters in the world but his weight class doesn't offer the opponents needed to be the best p4p. It's not all his fault but look at his best wins. If Crawford keeps doing what he's doing more respect/hype will come. If he moves up it will probably come a little faster. I would say that Crawford is one of the few guys that the general public has the appropriate opinion of

Comment

Haters are going to hate.

There are posters on this very forum who admit that they don't support fighters who are black. There's no pleasing people like that so why stress over them?

Crawford just needs to keep doing what he's been doing and say "screw you" to the critics.

Comment

Not a hater by any stretch just a true boxing fan who believes in body of work over time before i start throwing superlatives about a fighter. Any fighter!

Sorry i am just old school like that.

I may be one of the very few who genuinely believes he is getting waaay more credit than he has earned.

If he can do to Diaz what Loma did to Nicholas Walters then i will sit up and take notice.

If its the same safety first uninspiring performance that i saw against Postol then he needs to stay away from the WW division cos he will get exposed.

A good fighter he is. Special? Pound for Pound material? lets not put the cart before the horse...yet as most are doing currently.

How he does Saturday night against a credible and ambitious opponent that fancies his chances should go a long way in telling if he is truly special as he is being sold.

Another safety first performance will not do. At least not for me.

Comment

Postol was good and so is Diaz. But other than that, it has been a bunch of opponents to make Crawford look good. We need to see him step up and be in with someone great. Spence is getting his fight next week. Crawford is almost 30, his prime is going to pass him by while beating Uber drivers in some cowboy bar in Omaha. Unless he dares to be great, dumps Arum, and is willing to fight the best. Arum is going to waste this guy's career and that sucks, because he is really good.

Comment

Working...
                  X