Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Sees No Reason For Chavez Jr. To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho Sees No Reason For Chavez Jr. To Retire From Boxing

According to Hall of Fame trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain, there is no reason for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. to retire from the sport. On May 6th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, the former WBC middleweight champion was dominated over twelve rounds by country rival Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The fight was severely one-sided with Chavez Jr. offering up little to no offense in the majority of the contest. All three judges scored every round for Canelo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nacho looking to get one more check

Comment

I agree with Nacho. Chavez jr really had no chance against Canelo, he was never going to stop him at that catch weight and with a new trainer, and there was no way in hell he could've won a decision.If anything, we can get some decent fights from Chavez jr in the SMW division. This is assuming he takes every fight from now on as seriously as he took this one and at the 168 lbs limit.

Comment

Still cant believe Nachos game plan for that fight.

Comment

More than 80% on a ESPN poll of Golpe a Golpe voted for him retire. He doest have the skills and more importantly he doesn't have desire to be a great fighter.

Comment

You can't believe nacho wanted the much taller heavier guy with longer reach to use his jab and not play into canellas strength of a inside game where his shorter arms better combos and faster hands would be a advantage? Wow

Comment

Yes after 35 year career needs 10% of Chavez next 750,000 check that will make him rich

Comment

chavez jr: i feel good, i still want to continue on with my boxing career, i have no plans to retire yet. i still want nacho to be my trainer.

nacho: i see no rea$on why chavez jr should retire.

Comment

"Canelo knows how to dodge punches". WHAT PUNCHES? WHERE? WHEN? DID ANYBODY SEE CHAVEZ THROW PUNCHES?

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                    "Canelo knows how to dodge punches". WHAT PUNCHES? WHERE? WHEN? DID ANYBODY SEE CHAVEZ THROW PUNCHES?
                    LOL, exactly! Just Watched The Fight again on HBO, This Sat.. I think the graphic showed that JCC landed like 26 punches in 12 rounds LOL. Like 2 punches per round. SMH

Comment

Working...
                    X