Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Golovkin Will Avoid Rematch With Me, I'm Too Much Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Golovkin Will Avoid Rematch With Me, I'm Too Much Risk

LAS VEGAS Daniel Jacobs doesn't expect Gennady Golovkin to fight him again, definitely not any time in the foreseeable future. If Golovkin beats Canelo Alvarez on September 16, an immediate rematch with the Mexican superstar could tie up Golovkin for more than a year from now overall. Even then, Jacobs doesn't think Golovkin will embrace a rematch with him because Jacobs gave Golovkin such a tough time March 18 at Madison Square Garden.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A fair chance that Canelo will beat Golovkin, then Jacobs won't even want a rematch, he'll want Canelo.

If Golovkin ices Canelo with ease (unlikely), and no rematch necessary, Golovkin will still have that WBO strap he needs to go get before Jacobs, so Jacobs will have to stay in line.Meantime, some other names at 160 he could take care of to make his case for the rematch.

Comment

Do something that makes you unavoidable then. Like beating Saunders

Comment

Well...it took 3 or 4 months to negotiate the last fight, so perhaps if you take a pay cut and speed them negotiations up a little, you will have a greater chance.

You did avoid him until WBA ordered you to fight him, so i guess the shoe is on the other foot now.

I am keen for rematch but i'm also a realist.

Comment

lil g and team know wus up. They don't want none of what they had to go through with Jacobs again and take another L. (UNOFFICALLY)

Comment

Try not cheating on weight Mr LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
              A fair chance that Canelo will beat Golovkin, then Jacobs won't even want a rematch, he'll want Canelo.

If Golovkin ices Canelo with ease (unlikely), and no rematch necessary, Golovkin will still have that WBO strap he needs to go get before Jacobs, so Jacobs will have to stay in line.Meantime, some other names at 160 he could take care of to make his case for the rematch.
              Jacobs said he will fight winner and loser. Jacobs can also take bily joe "who" title so lil g cant avoid him but I think he still will avoid Jacobs....

Comment

Hes going to live off, not getting knocked out by golovkin isnt he?

Comment

He needs a fight to keep the interest out there

Comment

Take the VADA test and make the 2nd weight limit Mr 185 pounds

Comment

Working...
                    X