Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Questions Thurman's Commitment to Fighting Him Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter Questions Thurman's Commitment to Fighting Him Next

NEW YORK Keith Thurman didn't come close to convincing Shawn Porter that'll they fight next. Porter questioned why Thurman wasn't more definitive regarding their rematch when asked whether he is confident it'll happen next during a press conference following his ninth-round technical knockout of Andre Berto on Saturday night at Barclays Center. The former IBF welterweight champion's victory over Berto made Porter the mandatory challenger for the WBC welterweight title Thurman won from Danny Garcia on March 4 at Barclays Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's a step backwards for Thurman... I understand Porter's POV but still, A rematch will freeze "One Times" momentum.
    Last edited by Hatesrats; 04-24-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
      It's a step backwards for Thurman... I understand Porter's POV but still, A rematch will freeze "One Times" momentum.
      I think Peterson is his other mando. To me Porter and Peterson are no different. Same type of quality.

Comment

Thurman vs Peterson

Garcia vs Porter

Brook vs Spence Jr.

Pacquiao vs Khan

Bradley vs Broner

In a perfect world should all be made before 2018 ends!

Comment

What I'd rather see is Thurman vs. winner of Brook/Spence, and/or Porter vs. Garcia to see who gets the rematch with Thurman first.

Comment

Thurman should be actively and agressively trying to get Manny to fight him.

Comment

No Shawn, everyone doesn't want to see you and Thurman again right away.

I think the public would rather see Thurman vs the Brook-Spence winner. Or Thurman vs Pacquiao before watching you and Thurman again. And your ugly fighting style doesn't help matters either Porter.

A Thurman vs Porter 2 fight can happen later somewhere down the line. I'd prefer unifications and even Thurman vs Peterson first before Porter.

Comment

I definitely agree. Porter is competitive with everyone, but we want to see Thurmon and Pac or Thurmon vs Spence-Brook winner. You have all these guys who want shots. Bradley, Peterson, Khan, Porter, Plus Crawford and Broner, Matthysse possibly. Alot of goo dfighters in the welterweight division even Mikey Garcia could be competitive with some, not to Mention Swift Garcia

Comment

I'm surprised so many don't want a Thurman-Porter rematch. Yeah, I'd like to see Thurman fight the Brook-Spence winner, but the first Thurman-Porter fight was terrific and controversial. Give me a rematch all day.

Comment

I would rather see the rematch a few fights down the line, but I can see why team Porter are pushing hard for it NOW. This could be a legacy defining rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                    X