Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders vs. Avtandil Khurtsidze on July 8, Copper Box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders vs. Avtandil Khurtsidze on July 8, Copper Box

According to promoter Frank Warren WBO champion Billy Joe Saunders (24-0, 12 KOs) will likely defend his world title against Avtandil Khurtsidze (33-2-2, 22 KOs) on July 8th at the Copper Box in London.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nice, I definitely want to see this fight. Lol, that post fight press conference was a riot, very entertaining.

Since Golovkin vs Saunders is not happening. I couldn't have picked a better fight for Saunders. Looking forward to seeing this fight July 8th

For those that did not get to see the post fight press conference click on this video link, it was hilarious!! Lol :

https://youtu.be/YnslB1TZAuY
    Last edited by The Time; 04-23-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

damn, wth is wrong with golovkin team
      in the end they sacrifice chance to be undisputed champ for canelo

Comment

I just can't get over how short Khurtidze is. According to boxrec he is one inch shorter than Manny Paquiao!!! That he is able to compete with so much taller boxers is nothing short of a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
          I just can't get over how short Khurtidze is. According to boxrec he is one inch shorter than Manny Paquiao!!! That he is able to compete with so much taller boxers is nothing short of a miracle.
          Ya it's watching a kid fight in the ring, lol

that said though, I think Saunders could beat a guy like AK from pure boxing & movement but he would need to be 110% in shape, focused for 12 rounds to pull it off. I don't see Saunders knocking out this guy, the dude is like a rock.

Comment

Yeah Khurtsidze is a little munchkin from the Lollipop Guild of Munchkin Land.

Shorter than Pacquiao at 5'4" and competing in the 160lb middleweight division, it is pretty crazy. But he's got that style, he's the Mini Mike Tyson or Midget Mike Tyson. Fun to watch.

Avtandil Khurtsidze vs Billy Joe Saunders is going to be a fun fight, interesting match up on July 8th.

Comment

Qawi was like that back in the day. Couldn't believe when he stopped Matthew Saad Muhamed... but then he ran into Evander and was demolished. A solid boxer like Saunders will be able to handle Khurtsidze, just so he comes in shape to the fight.

Comment

What is startling is that according to Boxnation coverage not only is Khurtsidze 5'4 but they suggested he struggling to make the weight. It seems like he could do with being even shorter!

I'd expect BJS to outbox him fairly comfortably for large spells but the excitement will always be there. Khurtsidze is gold. It's a shame he is not based over here he would have been great with all of our current and past middleweights of the past decade or so. Mainly good fighters but not elite. He'd have smashed up a fair few of them.

If BJS got KO'd by a man that he himself called Danny DeVito I think he'd probably retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  What is startling is that according to Boxnation coverage not only is Khurtsidze 5'4 but they suggested he struggling to make the weight. It seems like he could do with being even shorter!

I'd expect BJS to outbox him fairly comfortably for large spells but the excitement will always be there. Khurtsidze is gold. It's a shame he is not based over here he would have been great with all of our current and past middleweights of the past decade or so. Mainly good fighters but not elite. He'd have smashed up a fair few of them.

If BJS got KO'd by a man that he himself called Danny DeVito I think he'd probably retire.
                  That would be sweet, sweet karma. Unfortunately that never usually happens in boxing!

Comment

???? They look related???

Comment

Working...
                    X