Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: Porter Fought His Way To Earning a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: Porter Fought His Way To Earning a Rematch

Shawn Porter scored a ninth round stoppage of Andre Berto to become the WBC's mandatory challenger to unified welterweight champion Keith Thurman in the main event of SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING, presented by Premier Boxing Champions, Saturday night on SHOWTIME from Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

PORTER THE MIDDLE LINEBACKER DOESNT DESERVE BIG FIGHTS... HE LAUNCHES WITH HIS HEAD LIKE A LINEMAN AND HUGS ALL NIGHT... LAMONT PETERSON DESERVES A BIG FIGHT WAY MORE THAN PORTER DOES.... MAKE IT HAPPEN GODFATHER ALAN HAYMON
    Last edited by JASON SHAW; 04-23-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Thurman vs Peterson and Porter vs garcia

Comment

I'm really not excited about seeing Thurman vs Porter 2. They just fought.

I'd rather see the WBA Mandatory first. Thurman vs Peterson.

IMO, the results will be the same anyway with Thurman vs Porter 2. As a matter of fact, I think Thurman wins easier the second time. Like 8 rounds to 4. 116-112

I would much rather see Thurman-Peterson and then a unification fight with one of the other belt holders before a rematch between Thurman and Porter.

Comment

Literally hate the way Porter fights. He really is not skilled. At least one more loss and I won't have to see him on my screen anymore

Comment

Not yet. He needs more wins and a dsg fight would do it.

Comment

Pass. Porter VS Garcia and Thurman can fight someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Literally hate the way Porter fights. He really is not skilled. At least one more loss and I won't have to see him on my screen anymore
                I kinda liked Porter but after the way he battered Berto with his head tonight, fk Shawn Porter.
                I'm pretty understanding about headbutts because some guys are just trying to get inside and the head follows the footwork (Ward) or they swing their whole body into a punch (Bradley). It happens and I've had it happen a lot in the gym so I understand.

But, Shawn was GRINDING his head into Berto and doing his thrashy linebacker shyt in a way that could only result in headbutts. His little prepared apology speech about it afterward didn't convince me either. I rooted for him in the first Thurman fight but not this time.

Comment

Originally posted by t.m.t View Post
                  thurman vs peterson and porter vs garcia
                  thurman vs peterson is action packed but porter vs danny will be a hug fest because of porter.... Id rather see danny vs broner...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I kinda liked Porter but after the way he battered Berto with his head tonight, fk Shawn Porter.
                    I'm pretty understanding about headbutts because some guys are just trying to get inside and the head follows the footwork (Ward) or they swing their whole body into a punch (Bradley). It happens and I've had it happen a lot in the gym so I understand.

But, Shawn was GRINDING his head into Berto and doing his thrashy linebacker shyt in a way that could only result in headbutts. His little prepared apology speech about it afterward didn't convince me either. I rooted for him in the first Thurman fight but not this time.
                    Really..? You feel bad for Andre Berto?

Comment

Working...
                    X