Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Wants To Fight For Another 10 Years, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Wants To Fight For Another 10 Years, Says Hearn

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport has revealed that IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (18-0, 18 KOs) wants to continue fighting for another ten years. Next Saturday night, April 29th, before a record crowd of 90,000 at Wembley, Joshua will face the former division ruler - Wladimir Klitschko. The vacant WBA, IBO heavyweight titles will also be at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He won't last ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      He won't last ten years.
      Why not? Wlad did.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
        Why not? Wlad did.
        One difference is that he's not much taller than most heavys nowdays, whereas Wlad was a couple of inches bigger than the guys in his era.

Comment

I can see six or seven years to be honest .....he is a big unit and the amount of training he does after time his body will suffer injurys and wear and tear and will begin to break down.....he will have to remain on his game fitness wise and hope his body will toughen...we will see....if he as at the top for that long then he will go down as a an all time great ...war aj

Comment

Originally posted by stiff_back View Post
            One difference is that he's not much taller than most heavys nowdays, whereas Wlad was a couple of inches bigger than the guys in his era.
            Can't see it myself. Wlad shared he's era with tall guys. Some he didn't fight like Lewis, Grant, Valuev.Some he did like Mcline and Wach. In fact, he's losses were to smaller guys like Brewster and Sanders. So height didn't really matter. The only decent fighters who are as tall or taller are Fury and Wilder. He's under no more threat than Wlad was. And Wlad lasted ten years even with some devastating defeats. I can't see why Joshua can't. He's got the work ethic.

Comment

He hasnt even reached his peak yet , a good easy 5 more years is guaranteed . By then he is skilled enough and wouldn't have to go crazy in training and back pedal a bit and thats bc he will have also gained experience and he is an elite focused athlete head and shoulders above anyone. (sorry dunkin a ball isnt athletic )

Being 6'6 is going to let him add knew things not reliant as much movements . In ring counts as well as NOT getting hit and having less ring round mileage .

This all suggests he will be around no less than 8 years .
              (Of dominance ) unless a new wave emerges and excells him which i doubt will happen.

Comment

He's only 27.. Heavyweights are in thier prime at 30 to 35. He stays fit all year so and is never out of shape like Mayweather, he has alot of dedication so he will be around for a while.

Comment

I don't know about 10 years. I think maybe anywhere between 33 years old to 36 years old. But we'll see.

Klitschko was able to last so long for 2 reasons.

1, was because during his era and both of the Klitschko's era actually the Heavyweight division was at it's worst, void of depth, talent and competition.

2, was Emanuel Steward taught him how to be more cautious and the style he taught him while being very, very effective was boring as hell. But the boring guys usually stay awhile, Lol, if you know what I mean.

AJ is coming up in a new era where now more talent is becoming available and it's getting competitive again. If it stays that way and gets even more competitive. 10 years may be tough to do in that scenario. But we'll see, he'll be 37 in 10 years, so that age or around that age sounds about right for retirement.

Comment

There seems to be a lot more chat about what's next & what's in the future before he has even stepped in the ring against Klitschko. This is the first time in my life I will be cheering for Klitschko. I want him to paste Joshua. I want him to check that chin. I want him to knock Joshua down & see if he can get back up. I'm going to put on my Klitschko underwear & put my Klitschko poster on the wall (I use to tell the Klitschko fanboys to put on their Klitschko underwear & jerk off to their Klitschko posters back when I was one of the least liked posters here). WAR WLAD!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X