Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto: Porter's Pressure Often Isn't Effective Pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Berto: Porter's Pressure Often Isn't Effective Pressure

NEW YORK Pressure. It's the word mentioned most when people assess Shawn Porter's perceived path to victory over Andre Berto on Saturday night in Brooklyn. Pressure is Porter's specialty, a practice that has served the former IBF welterweight champion well throughout his eight-year pro career. Berto isn't so sure, though, that Porter's strength is actually as great an asset as it is made out to be.
    [Click Here To Read More]

True. Porter has this annoying habit of smothering his own work instead of taking even a half-step back and using his pressure effectively. It looked great against Alexander, but not Brook.

Comment

Porter's pressure should be too much for Berto to handle tho. Style-wise this is not a good match-up for Berto.

Comment

I can see Berto winning by KO with a massive uppercut as Porter tries to close the distance.

Comment

he is right, but he still will get beaten up bad

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
            I can see Berto winning by KO with a massive uppercut as Porter tries to close the distance.
            I kinda agree with you , but at the same time I just don't trust Berto's chin to hold up to Porters power. I have to go with Porter.

Comment

porter is a football player doing boxing. You can tell when he throwing his punches he leans so far in if you side step him he will fall on his face cause he needs you their to hold him up.

Comment

Totally agree, he smother his own work a lot. Sometimes I feel like Porter just snort some cocaine before getting into the ring. Too hyperactive, he needs to relax a bit and he would be able to see things a lot more.

Comment

Has-been Berto is getting knocked out

Comment

Thats a 100% accurate description of Porter. Let's see if Berto and Virgil Hunter can exploit that somehow.

Comment

Working...
                    X