Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Leaning To Retirement, May Fight On For Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Leaning To Retirement, May Fight On For Title Shot

According to former world champion Tony Bellew (29-2-1, 19 KOs), he is leaning to the possibility of retirement. Last month, Bellew pulled off the biggest win of his career after moving up to the heavyweight division and stopping David Haye in eleven rounds at the O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Trying to scare his way to a world title shot

Comment

this joker.. SMH..
      Doesn't want to fight the best in his own division, talks like he has achieved some feat

Comment

His win over Haye just showed how bad David is these days.If his family is secure he most definitely should retire.The big guys will just hurt him.

Comment

I bet you was one of the many that thought he would lose against haye....😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Bowers View Post
            I bet you was one of the many that thought he would lose against haye....😂😂
            What's your point ...idiot or is that it?

Comment

get enough money into your pocket to clear the debts, pay off the mortgage, set up the school fund for your children, and get the nest egg to live off of for the rest of your life; once all that's taken care of, sit down with the family/friends and determine how much you earnestly want to keep grinding through the life of a fighter.

Bellew has accomplished every ambition he's ever had in boxing, so what reason is there to keep on fighting? A shot at the heavyweight title may work, but that's about it.

It's an unrelated tangent, but Floyd fought for 17 years, achieved everything he ever wanted to achieve, made sure that he fought through the end of his agreement with Showtime/CBS, and walked away on his own terms; $100m is JUST enough money to get Floyd to consider heading back into the gym to fight McGregor, with Floyd making it absolutely clear that there isn't any amount of money that'd get him back into the gym for a regular boxing match.

Robert Guerrero toiled in the sport, secured he and his family's future with the Floyd payday, took some time off, came back to fight a handful more times, and is now likely done with the sport.

everyone has their goal

Comment

I wasn't even talking to you (thack) I was just saying that people right off bellew but proven people wrong! That's my point you clown

Comment

I didn't see Bellew do anything before the injury to Haye. I think Haye could very well be done as a contender because he can't make it through a full training camp without getting hurt but Bellew kind of got a gift on a silver platter. He beat a man with 1 leg. He got out of that fight unscathed. He has a bunch of top CWs to fight but I would go for a HW title if possible. One more big payday & it would more than likely be Hughie Fury/Parker winner. I would retire if he can't get the WBO title shot because Wilder/Joshua & Kitschko are far too big for him & no CW fight will earn him the same as a HW title fight. The Haye rematch would probably be his best bet if possible but no sure thing Haye will come back...

Comment

Sounds like he still has a Haye rematch fresh on his mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X