Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Vows Statement: I'll Let Thurman Know I'm Coming For Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter Vows Statement: I'll Let Thurman Know I'm Coming For Him!

Shawn Porter has promised to make a big statement on Saturday night, when he faces Andre Berto in a battle of former welterweight champions from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Berto (31-4, 24 KOs) vs. Porter (26-2-1, 16 KOs) has been approved as a final eliminator for the WBC welterweight title. The fight will be televised by Showtime.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Doubt there would be a rematch but i think same outcome.

Comment

... Thurman is better......................

Comment

I see Thurman evolving as a fighter, while Porter comes to the ring with the same approach and game plan. Thurman likely wins the rematch a little easier this time around. But I doubt a rematch is on the horizon. Porter needs to get in line behind winner of Brook/Spence and Danny Garcia who lost a title. Given Thurman's current rate of one fight per year, Porter needs to focus on other options after he mauls what is left of Berto.

Comment

Porter should fight DSG first. I gave the fight to Porter, but he needs to fight more, fight some berto's, DSG, and lamont peterson first before going back to the A-level fights.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            I see Thurman evolving as a fighter, while Porter comes to the ring with the same approach and game plan. Thurman likely wins the rematch a little easier this time around. But I doubt a rematch is on the horizon. Porter needs to get in line behind winner of Brook/Spence and Danny Garcia who lost a title. Given Thurman's current rate of one fight per year, Porter needs to focus on other options after he mauls what is left of Berto.
            ... Maybe Danny should fight Porter first (in case he wins this one)... I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Agree completely. Porter is not adding any new and decisive wrinkles to his game...not bringing anything new to the table. I like him just fine, but he's not special.

Comment

Porter said, "I'm going to let Keith Thurman know that I'm cumming for him. I'm going to make sure that he knows that I want him."

Yikes! Choose your words wisely Porter. That sounds highly gay. Lol
                Last edited by The Time; 04-20-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Porter smothers his own punches on the inside. Looks so amateurish

Comment

I would like to see Porter fight Pacquia Or the winner of Spence & Brooks. He is a former champ himself & he gave Thurman a run for his money.

Comment

Working...
                    X