Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Has a Game Plan, Believes He Will KO Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Has a Game Plan, Believes He Will KO Klitschko

The time is nearly here. In less than two weeks, a record crowd of 90,000 fans will pack Wembley to watch heavyweights Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko collide for supremacy. Joshua (18-0, 18 KOs), viewed as the future of the heavyweight division, will attempt to unify the IBF, IBO, WBA world titles by handing Klitschko his second consecutive defeat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I don't like the game plan where AJ is going for the KO. If Wlad is still there and it's the 2nd half of the fight, what then? I am worried about Anthony going full 12.

He needs to be cautious, but still, put pressure on Wlad. It's very hard to catch Wlad clean, very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I don't like the game plan where AJ is going for the KO. If Wlad is still there and it's the 2nd half of the fight, what then? I am worried about Anthony going full 12.

He needs to be cautious, but still, put pressure on Wlad. It's very hard to catch Wlad clean, very hard.
        I wouldnt worry about joshua lasting with klitchcko......if klitchcko is still around after 7 rounds he will be in a broken state and wouod have shipped hge punishment......you have to remember 98% of klitchckos former challengers were all smaller and could not compete with klitchcko in terms of height, reach and size....joshua is all those plus he is athletic and ver quick hands....joshua will land on klitchcko don't worry about that fella

Comment

He goes for the KO in every fight and succeedes. It would be more worrying if he was to go and box for a 12 round decision.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            I wouldnt worry about joshua lasting with klitchcko......if klitchcko is still around after 7 rounds he will be in a broken state and wouod have shipped hge punishment......you have to remember 98% of klitchckos former challengers were all smaller and could not compete with klitchcko in terms of height, reach and size....joshua is all those plus he is athletic and ver quick hands....joshua will land on klitchcko don't worry about that fella
            Could be that way, but I don't find it as a very likely scenario.

I see it as either AJ KOs Wlad within 4-5 rounds, or it's a very frustrating night for Joshua and he struggles to survive the full 12.

Wlad can fight tall fighters. See Pulev fight. Not much difference in size compared to AJ. Of course, AJ has much more power and he might be quicker, but Pulev has a better jab IMO.

AJ didn't look that good against tall Breazeale himself. Nowhere near as effective as against the smaller fighters.

If AJ hurts Wlad he can finish him for sure, but I am not sure hurting Wlad is very likely. When was the last time Wlad was in real dangerous of being KD or KO.

My point is that Wlad knows he can go 12, be fine and carry the power. AJ might be able to do it, but he doesn't know it. How about if AJ feels like Kovalev after the 7-8 rounds and Klitschko is only getting to landing his jab with a consistency.

This is a dangerous fight for the both fighters. I love and I hate it, as I like both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              He goes for the KO in every fight and succeedes. It would be more worrying if he was to go and box for a 12 round decision.
              My point is, what if he goes for the KO and fails? Is his only chance of winning a KO?

Can he hedge the play and increase his chances? It's very hard to land on Wlad, very hard.

Just imagine, AJ going viciously for the KO. 5, 6 rounds passes and Wlad is still there. All that muscles, no experience going 12, very awkward powerful, tricky Wlad in front of you.. sounds like a hell to me.

And I know it's all about the winning, but there are levels in losing as well.
              When you lose like Price there is no way you come back from that.
              Last edited by Simurgh; 04-18-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Could be that way, but I don't find it as a very likely scenario.

I see it as either AJ KOs Wlad within 4-5 rounds, or it's a very frustrating night for Joshua and he struggles to survive the full 12.

Wlad can fight tall fighters. See Pulev fight. Not much difference in size compared to AJ. Of course, AJ has much more power and he might be quicker, but Pulev has a better jab IMO.

AJ didn't look that good against tall Breazeale himself. Nowhere near as effective as against the smaller fighters.

If AJ hurts Wlad he can finish him for sure, but I am not sure hurting Wlad is very likely. When was the last time Wlad was in real dangerous of being KD or KO.

My point is that Wlad knows he can go 12, be fine and carry the power. AJ might be able to do it, but he doesn't know it. How about if AJ feels like Kovalev after the 7-8 rounds and Klitschko is only getting to landing his jab with a consistency.

This is a dangerous fight for the both fighters. I love and I hate it, as I like both fighters.
                Kubrat is 6ft 4 with an 80 inch reach and stocky compared with wlad
                Joshus is 6ft 6 with an 85 inch reach and can compete with klitchcko on the outside and on the inside.

As for breazeale he never won a round against joshua and was in a shocking mess during his post fight dressing room interview and it was only his gameness that kept him in the fight.

I want you to comeback to me after this fight fight smurgh and say to me damn joshua is quick with his hands and the finish job he did on klitchcko was impressive.
                Joshua stops wlad inside 7 rounds..mark my words

Comment

It's KO or nothing for him, he's no chance of outboxing him over 12

Comment

He's going to get Jabbed and Clinched until he gets KO'd

Comment

Working...
                    X