Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: No Surprise Jacobs Went 12, But He Lost 8-4!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: No Surprise Jacobs Went 12, But He Lost 8-4!

Abel Sanchez, trainer of WBA, WBC, IBF, IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs), is not surprised with Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) lasting the full twelve round distance in last month's fight. The two boxers collided at New York's Madison Square Garden, with Golovkin winning a close twelve round unanimous decision with scores of 114-113, 115-112, 115-112.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They were close rds but i agree that GGG won it, id like to see the rematch after a win for both

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Abel Sanchez, trainer of WBA, WBC, IBF, IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs), is not surprised with Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) lasting the full twelve round distance in last month's fight. The two boxers collided at New York's Madison Square Garden, with Golovkin winning a close twelve round unanimous decision with scores of 114-113, 115-112, 115-112.
      [Click Here To Read More]

before the fight:
      Nobody From 154-168 Goes Twelve with GGG.....

after the fight:
      I didn’t think the knockout.....was going to happen

"I’m hoping Danny Jacobs is true to his word and comes to fight," Sanchez said. "Everything about him and the things he has said – indicate we will have a barnburner for as long as it lasts on March 18. I’m afraid it won’t be good for him though as nobody at 160 will last the distance with Golovkin."

Comment

These cowardis clowns lost 8-4 & they know it. Gigis face afterwards says it all,he looked like a jackolantern Left out after Halloween.

Comment

It's plausible to think that Golovkin won, even though the majority of people thought Jacobs won according to the throw down app. But to say 8-4 including the KD you'd have to be bias. I still can't believe HBO tried to discredit their own judge.

Comment

Jacobs exposed him. GGG isn't a polished boxer which convinced me even more Canelo can box that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              It's plausible to think that Golovkin won, even though the majority of people thought Jacobs won according to the throw down app. But to say 8-4 including the KD you'd have to be bias. I still can't believe HBO tried to discredit their own judge.
              When you count the kd, jacobs should have won by @ least 2 points,he won all 8 rds in which he outlanded in power shots,he was far busier & his power shots were most his punches,he threw 30% more power shots than gg & outlanded him in total P.S. as well. In reality this fight wasnt that close,gigi was mainly jabbing then immediately cover up instead of trade whenever jacobs attacked. Its clear why gg landed far less power shots in this fight than ever before,because he was scared of jacobs power,gg was only landing single punches(mostly jabs) mainly while jacobs unloaded combo after combo of power shots.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                When you count the kd, jacobs should have won by @ least 2 points,he won all 8 rds in which he outlanded in power shots,he was far busier & his power shots were most his punches,he threw 30% more power shots than gg & outlanded him in total P.S. as well. In reality this fight wasnt that close,gigi was mainly jabbing then immediately cover up instead of trade whenever jacobs attacked. Its clear why gg landed far less power shots in this fight than ever before,because he was scared of jacobs power,gg was only landing single punches(mostly jabs) mainly while jacobs unloaded combo after combo of power shots.
                I think I had it for Jacobs by a point, but I agree with most of your statement. For most of the fight Jacobs was the boss. He fought when he wanted to and landed the classier stuff. I honestly think that it may have been a makeup call for Ward/Kovalev although I don't think that you can call either fight a robber.

Comment

6 rounds to 6

Comment

It was a close fight but GGG won it clearly by two rds , plus the KD. Just because Jacobs fought a 12 rds fight and didn't get KTFO, it doesn't mean he won the fight. By this poor logic FMJ has multiple losses since he went 12 rds most of his career. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X