Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Rates Golovkin, Crawford, Garcia Above Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Rates Golovkin, Crawford, Garcia Above Lomachenko

Longtime HBO Boxing analyst and former newspaper reporter Larry Merchant is not following the line of experts who want to crown Vasyl Lomachenko as the new pound-for-pound king of boxing. Last Saturday night, Lomachenko (8-1, 6 KOs) retained his WBO super featherweight title with a stoppage over Jason Sosa.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In the article it says "the lone undefeated wolf (that he took down) was Walters".

What about Gary Russell? Gary Russell was a hell of a scalp, man. No argument that Russell's opposition was weak as f**k, but still, he was considered one of the premier prospects in the sport going into that bout.

Comment

Agree with Merchant, no doubt Lomachenko is a good fighter but think he's untested and far from being top P4P.

Comment

I love Kellerman, Lampley and the crew, I miss Merchant though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          In the article it says "the lone undefeated wolf (that he took down) was Walters".

What about Gary Russell? Gary Russell was a hell of a scalp, man. No argument that Russell's opposition was weak as f**k, but still, he was considered one of the premier prospects in the sport going into that bout.
          He probably forgot about that.

I think I rate the GRJ win over the Walters one.

Walters was off one year and his last KO was in 2014 while he fought Vasyl in 2016.

I doubt Walters ever touches a championship belt ever again.

Comment

Does Merchant still do commentary for the TR cards I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
              He probably forgot about that.

I think I rate the GRJ win over the Walters one.

Walters was off one year and his last KO was in 2014 while he fought Vasyl in 2016.

I doubt Walters ever touches a championship belt ever again.
              They must have remembered because Russell has been added in there now and rated as the best win.

Comment

Agreed, Crawford and Kovalev especially should be getting more hype than the matrix!

He has the skills to be numero uno but he's not!

Comment

There seriously needs to be a petition signed to bring Larry back. Max tries, but he sugarcoats his questions here and there. And on the other side, Jim Gray is just a turd.

Comment

GGG should retire. He is old enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X