Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Wants Thurman Rematch More Than to Box Brook Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter Wants Thurman Rematch More Than to Box Brook Again

Given a choice, Shawn Porter would want to avenge his loss to Keith Thurman more than his defeat to Kell Brook. If Porter can beat Andre Berto on April 22 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, he'll move closer toward securing that rematch with Thurman. The Porter-Berto bout, which Showtime will televise, is a WBC elimination match that'll determine the mandatory challenger for the 147-pound championship Thurman won from Danny Garcia in their title unification fight March 4 at Barclays Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Porter and he's an amazing athlete, but I don't think he'll ever reach top of division. Still would be happy to see him against any of the top guys.

Comment

Porter Vs. D Garcia... Winner gets to hold Thurman's belt loop

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
        I would love that fight

Comment

Brook beat Porter more decisively than Thurman did

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
            I like Porter and he's an amazing athlete, but I don't think he'll ever reach top of division. Still would be happy to see him against any of the top guys.
            I feel the same. He relies so much on athletic ability, which is something that fades in time, that I'm not sure he'll get that sharpness that judges want to see in championship fights.

I'm always happy to see him throw down though. Would much rather see him fight Thurman again than a repeat of that ugly Brook fight.

Comment

of course he does! Primetime CBS, that's a huge accomplishment for any 21st Century fighter benefiting from such new post platform exposure.

Comment

Garcia/Porter is a crossroads fight for Garcia. Porter will always be a threat due to his durability and size. Great fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAztinca View Post
                  Brook beat Porter more decisively than Thurman did
                  Sure he did.. The majority decision that Brook won by trumps the unanimous decision that Thurman won by? Not sure how you came up with that realization but Porter/Thurman had FOTY potential.. Brook/Porter was a decent/physical fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                    Definitely, mix it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X