Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nicola Adams Inspired Working Alongside Andre Ward, Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nicola Adams Inspired Working Alongside Andre Ward, Amir Khan

Nicola Adams believes working alongside some of the world's best will stand her in good stead when she makes her professional debut in Manchester on Saturday. The 34-year-old has been training in the same San Francisco gym as the likes of pound-for-pound star Andre Ward and Amir Khan ahead of her clash with Argentina's Virginia Carcamo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Respect to Nicola on getting to eat Marlen Esparza's coochie.

Comment

Another hype job.

Winning 2 gold medals is an achievement, but when you actually study the depth of female boxing you quickly understand that there is basically no real competitive element to it.

I don't begrudge people like Nicola Adams and Katie Taylor the opportunity to box professionally but I do begrudge the fact that they take attention and opportunity away from the hundreds of guys out there killing themselves for an start in the pro ranks.

You want REAL equality? Fine, let women box men at the same weight class, or if they want an advantage let the guys wear 14 OZ gloves.

Lets see who Nicola Adams is willing to fight then.

Comment

Another delusional princess like Khan and Ward?

Comment

who are the five best pound for pound women boxers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            who are the five best pound for pound women boxers?
            Claressa Shields
            Katie Taylor
            Nicola Adams
            Marlen Sparza
            They all turned pro
            In the pros there's this girl that is undisputed and undefeated , but the truth is that they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              Claressa Shields
              Katie Taylor
              Nicola Adams
              Marlen Sparza
              They all turned pro
              In the pros there's this girl that is undisputed and undefeated , but the truth is that they suck.
              I've only seen Katie Taylor

Caught that little bit they were showing of her before the Linares fight on Showtime, and then saw a random youtube fight of her's

I was pretty impressed actually; she had what appeared to be an advanced boxing skill set. Good footwork, fluid combinations, and stayed attacking the body. She was pretty crafty, too. Now granted, her opposition probably wasn't much to speak of...but I liked what I saw just as far as her technical skills went.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I've only seen Katie Taylor

Caught that little bit they were showing of her before the Linares fight on Showtime, and then saw a random youtube fight of her's

I was pretty impressed actually; she had what appeared to be an advanced boxing skill set. Good footwork, fluid combinations, and stayed attacking the body. She was pretty crafty, too. Now granted, her opposition probably wasn't much to speak of...but I liked what I saw just as far as her technical skills went.
                Taylor is IMO the only one with star potential, i feel that Claressa is a bully, Nicola is overrated and Esparza isn't that good.
                Taylor is quite fast and with really good technique, but doesn't have power.

Comment

Working...
                X