• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edner Cherry Beats Omar Douglas By Unanimous Decision

Tuesday April 4, 2017
    Sands Bethlehem Event Center
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
    Commission: Pennsylvania Athletic Commission
    Promoter: Marshall Kauffman (King's Promotions)
    Television: USA FOX Sports 1

Edner "Cherry Bomb" Cherry

Weight: lightweight
    Height: 5'8"
    Reach: 69"
    Stance: orthodox
    by way of
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Record: 35W(19KO)-7L-2D

VS

Omar "Super O" Douglas

Weight: lightweight
    Height: 5'7"
    Reach: 72"
    Stance: orthodox
    Record: 17W(12KO)-1L
    Edner Cherry by T/KO
    0.00%
    Edner Cherry by Decision
    77.78%
    Omar Douglas by T/KO
    0.00%
    Omar Douglas by Decision
    11.11%
    Draw/Too close to call
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Edner Cherry is still fighting? Jesus.

Comment

War Cherry

Comment

Another step up for Douglas. Let's see if he learned from the Fortuna fight.

Comment

Cherry fights are always tough to predict, I thought he beat Pedraza and then that fight with Rhodes was close. I think Douglas pulls out a close fight.

Comment

my post from the weigh-in thread:

I go with Cherry. More experience, physically very strong, fights with a very high pace.

Just saw the Fortuna Vs Douglas fight. Douglas has many holes in his game. Poor defense, reaches with his punches. Very basic offense. Jab, hook, jab straight. Fortuna did box differently than normal. He used his lateral movement to catch Douglas coming in.

Cherrys goes forward and bullies his opponents. Douglas is also a fighter who only knows how to go forward, but I dont think his defense is good enough to sustain a slugfest. Cherry will get the better of the exchanges and possibly stop Douglas.
            But only if Douglas hasnt improved dramatically since his last defeat.

Cherry is a level above Douglas, he was competitive against pedraza, could even have won and his other losses against malignaggi and Bradley were 2 divisions higher.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              my post from the weigh-in thread:

I go with Cherry. More experience, physically very strong, fights with a very high pace.

Just saw the Fortuna Vs Douglas fight. Douglas has many holes in his game. Poor defense, reaches with his punches. Very basic offense. Jab, hook, jab straight. Fortuna did box differently than normal. He used his lateral movement to catch Douglas coming in.

Cherrys goes forward and bullies his opponents. Douglas is also a fighter who only knows how to go forward, but I dont think his defense is good enough to sustain a slugfest. Cherry will get the better of the exchanges and possibly stop Douglas.
              But only if Douglas hasnt improved dramatically since his last defeat.

Cherry is a level above Douglas, he was competitive against pedraza, could even have won and his other losses against malignaggi and Bradley were 2 divisions higher.
              I think he can edge it with that if he doesnt get hurt

Comment

Just got here, what have I missed?

Comment

Wait, they just said one of the judges got sick and left in the middle of that fight? WTF? So how did they handle his card for the rest of the fight???

Comment

This PBC series is ideal for all the people that loved FNF with Teddy & Joe. Hopefully it stays like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X