Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: I Can Still Get a Title, Rosado Fight Will Be a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: I Can Still Get a Title, Rosado Fight Will Be a War

Martin Murray wants to prove he's back with a bang at Middleweight and ready for another World title crack as he takes on Gabriel Rosado at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on April 22, live on Sky Sports Murray is back at Middleweight for the clash with the Philadelphian, and it's a battle that promises to be brutal and compelling with both men known for putting it all on the line in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The IBC or something?

Comment

One of the most robbed challengers every, Martinez, Sturm. Abraham was very close fight but was the least robbery.

Not enough power at 168, no where to go at 160, past his prime, I feel bad for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
        One of the most robbed challengers every, Martinez, Sturm. Abraham was very close fight but was the least robbery.

Not enough power at 168, no where to go at 160, past his prime, I feel bad for the guy.
        Was not robbed against George Groves, Eddie Hearn should match him against Eubank Jnr why not ?

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post

I like Murray but folk have gotta stop perpetuating the myth that he was robbed against Sturm. He wasn't. He was kinda lucky to get the draw frankly.

And barring a minor miracle he ain't ever gonna get his hands on a strap at any weight unless he manages to convince one of the champs to go to St Helens and fight in his back garden with his missus and kids officiating.

Comment

Great fight, think Rosado will have a bit too much in the tank for Murray, Murray is extremely battle worn and Rosado has lost to fighters a lot better than Murray.

Comment

Should be a good fight to watch. Both guys come to fight. Pulling for Gabe, but will not be disappointed if Murray wins. Whoever wins will get at least one more paycheck. The loser should pack it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                I like Murray but folk have gotta stop perpetuating the myth that he was robbed against Sturm. He wasn't. He was kinda lucky to get the draw frankly.

And barring a minor miracle he ain't ever gonna get his hands on a strap at any weight unless he manages to convince one of the champs to go to St Helens and fight in his back garden with his missus and kids officiating.
                Nearer the reality at this point in time of Murray getting a title, unless it's IBO/WBU or some other irrelevant organisiation.

The truth is Murray is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                  Should be a good fight to watch. Both guys come to fight. Pulling for Gabe, but will not be disappointed if Murray wins. Whoever wins will get at least one more paycheck. The loser should pack it in.
                  Something tells me Rosado would continue to get offers. He's made a career out of being a professional opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Nearer the reality at this point in time of Murray getting a title, unless it's IBO/WBU or some other irrelevant organisiation.

The truth is Murray is shot.
                    Well, he is kinda shot, but more to the point stylistically big fights were never going to go in his favour. The high guard and quick flurry counter style can win you fights at home with judges willing to give you the benefit of the doubt - but you actually need decent power to pull off that strategy on the road. Abraham for instance would often shell up much like like Murray for long stretches but at least he could knock guys out when he did open up. Just sitting back and absorbing the punishment without coming back with something that really hurts your opponent just won't cut it at world level. Martin's a good guy, capable and tough as they come, but champion material he ain't.

Comment

Working...
                    X