Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: After My April Fight - I Want Wilder, Joshua or Parker!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: After My April Fight - I Want Wilder, Joshua or Parker!

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Cuban heavyweight contender Luis "The Real King Kong" Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs) has come on board with powerful adviser/manager Al Haymon. And Ortiz is now scheduled to return to the ring on April 22, as part of the undercard to the Andre Berto vs. Shawn Porter welterweight eliminator from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

JUST LIKE MANNY ALWAYS WANTS CRAWFORD AND CANELO IS ALWAYS BORN READY FOR GGG LMFAO

Comment

that's not how any of this works, lol

Perform well in April, and Ortiz is positioned for a big fight, but he's not calling his shot.

Joseph Parker has his mandatory against Hughie Fury in May, Deontay Wilder has his mandatory against Bermaine Stiverne due soon, and the winner of Joshua-Klitschko likely has to fight Kubrat Pulev as the IBF mandatory. After the initial mandatories are done, Wilder and the Parker-Fury winner will likely square up, in anticipation for a full unification fight at the end of the year/early next year.

Luis Ortiz can say what he wants to say, but hopefully he and his camp are fully well and ready to fight the Briggs-Oquendo winner (Haymon could likely leverage an Ortiz-Briggs showdown into a possible Showtime Championship Boxing date, at least as the co-feature to another bigger fight)

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        hopefully he and his camp are fully well and ready to fight the Briggs-Oquendo winner (Haymon could likely leverage an Ortiz-Briggs showdown into a possible Showtime Championship Boxing date, at least as the co-feature to another bigger fight)
        Hmmm. I've been trying to forget that Briggs vs Oquendo are fighting for a belt so I didn't even think about this angle, but yea that seems like it should be a viable option & for sure is Ortiz's best option for a belt in the near future one would think. Would make any fight he has with the aforementioned 3 bigger too obviously.

Comment

Dude is pretty old. They better line him up some good fights soon.

Comment

We're rooting for you old champ. Just don't get hurt. Seems to be slowing down now.

Comment

But he'll fight against another BUM!

Comment

to be fresh and good shape, its not only the question of age but more the number of fights one had. take a look at the article about huch/ briedis to see what i mean. ortiz has at least five good years to do. and for me he so far the only guy who has a real chance vs aj

Comment

He should of jumped in the ring with Joshua last year instead of both fighting pathetic bums on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                  X