Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas on Thurman-Garcia: Should have taken more chances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas on Thurman-Garcia: Should have taken more chances

The March 4th battle between Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia had the highest prime time audience for boxing in decades. The fight was a special Showtime card that was presented by Premier Boxing Champions on free-to-air CBS.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They're alot of people saying this fight was not that great. It was good but i guess everyone was expecting a war or something

Comment

Not sure why Thurman is getting hate for his fight Vs. Garcia... but whatever man get used to it. Thurman is the Apex predator at 147lbs.

Comment

They looked like 2 cashiers from western union going at it cause one blamed the other for being short.

Comment

I really like Jessie Vargas and he is one of my favorite fighters but I have to be a bit critical. I felt Jessie couldve did more against Pac. I know not to many people watch the fight but there were 2 or 3 different occasions where he stunned Pac but then when on to fight off the back foot. Of course getting KD early in the fight probably made him hesitant and Pac handled it like a Veteran and kept coming forward with his head moving making it seem as if he were ok. Oh well though Jessie lost to the best and would whoop Turdman and DSG.

Comment

I would love to see Desert Storm vs Thurman and Garcia to gauge the difference between PBC and HBO fighters.

Comment

I would like to see Vargas get in there with Garcia and take chances, boy would get KTFO. Funny thing is he picked Garcia to win and was very confident

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
                I would love to see Desert Storm vs Thurman and Garcia to gauge the difference between PBC and HBO fighters.
                Watch Chaves vs Thurman and Chaves vs Bradley, both very good fights

Comment

the truth is that neither fought like true champions with a 0 and a belt to loose, Thurman could have fought like a true champion like if he was loosing even when we knew he wasn't , true champions don't stop trowing punches when they know they are winning, look @ Pac, Cotto, Golovkin, etc. and other champions in their fights that went the distance, true champions want to dominate the whole fight to leave no doubts, the fight could have been great, it was good, not great, and for Garcia he could have pressured more, could trow more punches, you don't win fights just going after your opponent or being the aggressor w/o trowing punches and trying to connect, they both didn't seem that hungry to win the belt from the other and take the 0 form the other, good fight, not great, a championship fight, fought like fighters without hunger.

Comment

Garcia didn't do enough, end of story.

Comment

Working...
                    X