Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Algieri's Upset of Provodnikov Inspiration for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Algieri's Upset of Provodnikov Inspiration for GGG Fight

Chris Algieri didn't just provide nutritional expertise and healthy, tasty meals during Daniel Jacobs' recently completed training camp. Memories of Algieri's upset of a rugged Russian who was supposed to knock him out also served as inspiration for Jacobs while he prepared to challenge Gennady Golovkin. Jacobs and Algieri also discussed Algieri's split-decision win against Ruslan Provodnikov in June 2014 during the eight weeks they spent together in the Bay Area.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol nope, not enough. Inspirations will be crushed by a Kazach fist this weekend

Comment

Algeri didn't beat Provonikov imo, but even if he did you have aim higher than taking a beating from a punching bag to beat Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
        Lol nope, not enough. Inspirations will be crushed by a Kazach fist this weekend
        ^^^^^^A foreigner rooting for another foreigner.

His name is Golovkin not Gomez or Gonzalez

Comment

ALGIERI THE HYPEJOB BUM LOST TO PROVODINIKOV....

Comment

Jacob has a chance as long as he fights extremely smart& intelligent and by all means no to engage in trading wars but using his power only to keep ggg honest all night long. Forget the ko

Comment

I never have bet against ggg, so I did not bet at all for this fight. If ggg has indeed cool down it may be his time to go.

Comment

It was a gutsy performance by Algieri. He still lost clearly on my scorecard, but if you judge the fight on heart, he more than matched Provodnikov who also has a huge heart. I respect those guys, respect box... but yeah, I think if Danny does as well as Algieri did vs Provo, he should be thrilled.

By the way to all the GGG haters who think GGG is basic, you guys should compare him to Deravenchenko. See that is a guy with some skill, but much more like the example of what y'all are used to when you think of white fighters with power but who don't have elite skills and can be outboxed. If you watch that guy, then go watch GGG, and see what you've been missing. Compare the two, and you will see it's a totally different story.

Comment

Dunno i was ringside for that fight. I had provodnikov winning.

Comment

Such a bad reference! Algieri got claubered and lost the fight... Only Arum saved his ass.. because of his pretty face.

Comment

Working...
                    X