Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie Conlan Edges Yader Cardoza For WBC Regional in a Thriller

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamie Conlan Edges Yader Cardoza For WBC Regional in a Thriller

Jamie Conlan edged closer to a world title fight in his home city. But the Ulsterman, who won the vacant WBC Silver International super-flyweight title at the Waterfront Hall, exclusively live on BoxNation, certainly didn't have it all his own way.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haha it's always fun to watch Jamie conlan box, he always pulls trough but fck does he make things hard for himself,but I suppose entertaining fights is what we want to see ha....

Paddy Barnes needs to push on now, he has the potential to be world class,needs to start getting fights regularly against good opponents and will be fighting for a world title within the next 2 years,

He has plenty of top class amateur background behind him, so their should be no excuse to be holding him back too long (,same as Michael conlan)

Comment

So he got dropped and beat up but got the decision? Maybe a little overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
        So he got dropped and beat up but got the decision? Maybe a little overrated?
        Who has rated him for him to be overrated??
        And their is very few fighters who havnt got dropped and beat up and came out with a decision

Comment

I've never heard anyone rate Jamie Conlan too highly, hes considered an exciting fighter not an exceptional fighter, hes been in a few wars, and has come out on top. Pretty much everyone knows that when it comes to fighting the best, it'll be a stretch too far for Jamie Conlan. I think Basco, you may be getting confused with his brother Michael Conlan, hes the man everyone is talking about, and he has ability to do great things. Its an easy mistake to make as they look very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Staggy View Post
            I've never heard anyone rate Jamie Conlan too highly, hes considered an exciting fighter not an exceptional fighter, hes been in a few wars, and has come out on top. Pretty much everyone knows that when it comes to fighting the best, it'll be a stretch too far for Jamie Conlan. I think Basco, you may be getting confused with his brother Michael Conlan, hes the man everyone is talking about, and he has ability to do great things. Its an easy mistake to make as they look very similar.
            Ahhh, my mistake. You are 100% correct, I was thinking about his brother!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
              Haha it's always fun to watch Jamie conlan box, he always pulls trough but fck does he make things hard for himself,but I suppose entertaining fights is what we want to see ha....

Paddy Barnes needs to push on now, he has the potential to be world class,needs to start getting fights regularly against good opponents and will be fighting for a world title within the next 2 years,

He has plenty of top class amateur background behind him, so their should be no excuse to be holding him back too long (,same as Michael conlan)
              I know it's early days but Barnes has looked completely underwhelming to me so far

Same goes for Con Sheehan who also fought last night

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                I know it's early days but Barnes has looked completely underwhelming to me so far

Same goes for Con Sheehan who also fought last night
                Ya same... I dare say it cause I really want Barnes to do well, but I can just see him going down the Willie "big bang" Casey route and fading away...
                Con Sheehan was a good amateur,but I just can't see him making it very far in the pros, In my opinion, I think both Sheehan and Barnes made the wrong decisions with their pro choice of managers and promoters.

Jason Quigley I think has the potential to be huge, but I see him being more of an Andy Lee, which I hope is not through cause I really like his boxing...

Michael conlan on the other hand,for me I think is the perfect boxer, the amount of top elite amateur experience he has at his age is just amazing, he Will be a big star and Irish fans will get behind him like they have McGregor

Comment

Working...
                X