Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I Had No Choice but to Take April 22 Card to Pay-Per-View

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: I Had No Choice but to Take April 22 Card to Pay-Per-View

The last thing Bob Arum wanted to do was use the pay-per-view platform to televise his April 22 card from Carson, California. He would've preferred that his promotional company, Top Rank Inc., broadcast fights featuring WBO world featherweight champion Oscar Valdez (21-0, 19 KOs) and WBO world super middleweight champion Gilberto Ramirez (34-0, 24 KOs) on HBO. Once HBO Sports didn't express an interest in televising a card featuring Valdez and Ramirez against opponents different from the foes they'll face April 22, Arum decided to go the pay-per-view route.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol all those wbo belts, how much is bob paying them?

Comment

I predict 5k sales.

Comment

Lol lol lol

Comment

I'm a big boxing fan and this isn't a card that would make me stay home on a Saturday night even if it were free,nevertheless ppv. 2k sales projection.

Comment

Bob should loosen the purse strings & buy airtime. Ramirez and Valdez would do well on national TV.

This is a great card so I am gladly going to pay that to be there live but shame on tr for pricing this fight after what pbc has been giving us.

Comment

$54.95 for this card or watch Berto-Porter on the same day as part of my Showtime subscripion...easy choice

Comment

1k sales....

Comment

Al Haymon just gave us Thurman vs Garcia on free tv lol

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    $54.95 for this card or watch Berto-Porter on the same day as part of my Showtime subscripion...easy choice
                    Or u could **** around and buy the ppv AND watch the Porter-Berto retread fight. I guess for me $55 isnt a lot of money. Of course i live so close i probably will be at stub hub. Tix are cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X