Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman vs. Danny Garcia - UK Experts Give Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman vs. Danny Garcia - UK Experts Give Predictions

It proved a tight call when Glynn Evans canvassed the cognoscenti to pick a winner between unbeaten welterweight titans Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman who clash for all the 147lb marbles at Brooklyn's Barclays Center on March 4th. BoxNation, of course, shall be screening live.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Irony = Liam Smith saying he's not sold on either Garcia nor Thurman and referring to them as basic and ordinary.

Comment

Good stuff from across the pond. Garcia has a chance if he gets in One Times chest. Thurman is my guy but his inside game does not exist. If Danny can set up camp in there, it'll be all bad.

Comment

Thurman is far from being a great fighter and way over hyped

Thurman would lose to Brook and Manny and Spence so expect a close fight with danny Garcia. Garcia fights well and seems to get the weird judges decisions. Unless Thurman stops Danny it could end up a Danny decision as Angel goes whacky and wild. Angel seems to motivate danny in a big way. Thurmans corner seems complacent and dull. toss up fight keeping in mind Thurman is not great.

Comment

... I think it will be a matter of "range": at "midrange" Garcia is much better, because he's a midrange hooker by definition...

Comment

I'm a Brit so I'll chime in.

I don't get this "Danny always finds a way to win" BS. On the scorecards yes. In the ring no. IMO he lost against Herrera, of all people, and at best got lucky against Peterson. Peterson snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in that fight by running too much the first rounds. But he showed himself to be the better boxer AND fighter as Garcia was well and truly busted up after that fight.

On the other hand Thurman has looked poor against several lesser fighters but he looked very sharp against Porter, a Porter who is MUCH more athletic than Garcia and a better fighter than Garcia has fought at WW.

For me, all of these comments in favor of Garcia apply to the 140 Garcia. At 147 Garcia looks under-powered and far from elite.

Some of these guys saying that they are not sold on either Thurman of Garcia - well that resonates with me. But Thurman has looked better than Garcia at 147 and my only concern would be 1/ his mental state and out of ring discipline and 2/ whether he really is struggling to make 147 now. Regards 2/ - it's just speculation until I see him struggle at the scales.

I expect Thurman to out-box and out-land Garcia and win on pts coming away. Of course, Garcia has a puncher's chance.

Comment

Despite the hype...expect a dull fight BC neither guy likes to fight on the inside... Both do alot of holding. Thurman's power is overrated, but should win on points if he doesn't gas late.

Comment

"every time Danny's back is against the wall..." he manages to hit the other fighter with a low blow. Maybe to the groin, or the hip, or the thigh. Hopefully the ref on Saturday will enforce the rules (but I doubt it).

Comment

Do brits have boxing experts :/
                  first i heard of it, since when did anybody on that list become"experts"

Comment

cant believe how many people saying garcia late KO-take him passed 4 rounds n garcia's power is gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X