Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lamont Peterson Back in The Mix, Beats Avanesyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Lamont Peterson Back in The Mix, Beats Avanesyan

Peterson vs. Avanesyan Fight Photos - In the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING co-feature, Lamont Peterson (35-3-1, 17 KOs) narrowly edged WBA (regular) Welterweight World Champion David Avanesyan (22-2-1, 11 KOs) in an entertaining 12-round unanimous decision (115-113, 116-112 twice) to become a two-division champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lamont struggled with a very average fighter. He went in with the wrong game plan, should've used his movement and reach to box from the outside. He looked bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
      Lamont struggled with a very average fighter. He went in with the wrong game plan, should've used his movement and reach to box from the outside. He looked bad.
      his offense was on point and he won. that's all that matter

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
        I'm not really sure he struggled, and Avanesyan ain't half bad either, I felt like Peterson was hitting harder, faster, and more accurate than Avanesyan and I think he posses a threat to everyone else in the top 10, maybe not Bradley cause Bradley beat him before, but someone posted a week or two ago that he got an offer on May 13 for an Amir Khan fight, that should be intresting

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          I'm not really sure he struggled, and Avanesyan ain't half bad either, I felt like Peterson was hitting harder, faster, and more accurate than Avanesyan and I think he posses a threat to everyone else in the top 10, maybe not Bradley cause Bradley beat him before, but someone posted a week or two ago that he got an offer on May 13 for an Amir Khan fight, that should be intresting

Ava is not a bad fighter, just very ordinary. Nothing special but he does everything ok. Kahn vs Peterson should be a looker!

Comment

He wanted to establish an "inside" game and he did!
            He wanted to feel his opponents strengths and experience a welterweight compared to the junior division. He fought at 160 and looked like a tooth pick but he dug well to the body and controled the bout with his jab when he wanted to.
            Smart fight plan to experience with that opponent who is not a big puncher thats why he stayed inside with him.

Not sure if he can build more strength that translates into punching power but most of the current welters aren't big punchers any way.

Broner vs Peterson..................Broners people won't do that!

Both co mains were better than the main event.
            I like the kid Broner fought, he was game he's been on the short side a few times with bad decisions. He is very awkward to deal with too. He also has no power, if Thurman could punch like his hype projects he could rule the division but none of these guys bring real power.

Ray

Comment

He will be any of the bee Fighters none of the elite as Thurman Garcia even Porter forget Spence even Erickson Lubin...

Comment

Everyone will always say "lamont should have boxed, beaten this opponent easily" The guy was a credible opponent that could box. Lamont didn't have the ability to purely outbox him.

If lamont would not have won the last 3 rounds he would have lost that fight

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  Everyone will always say "lamont should have boxed, beaten this opponent easily" The guy was a credible opponent that could box. Lamont didn't have the ability to purely outbox him.

If lamont would not have won the last 3 rounds he would have lost that fight
                  If Peterson had boxed from long range he would have made this an easier fight. Even the announcers were noticing how Avanesyan couldn't cut off the ring.

But as Ray Corso says maybe Peterson wanted to work on some things. And this guy was the perfect opponent to do it against since he wasn't that big of a puncher.

Comment

Why Peterson have on them John Stockton shorts

Comment

Working...
                    X