Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Edgar Sosa is Close For March 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Edgar Sosa is Close For March 11

Promoter Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions has revealed that a deal is close to match former world champions Juan Francisco Estrada and Edgar Sosa in Mexico City on March 11. Sosa (52-10, 30 KOs) says there is nothing finalized, but acknowledged that a fight with Estrada is being negotiated and he would have no problem getting into the ring with his countryman.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM.

Is he popular in mexico? He is a very good and fundamental sound fighter, I think Marquez trainer even said that he is currently the best mexican fighter, but somehow he only fought one time in the united states and that was against gonzalez.
    Hopefully he gets a chance to impress on hbo or one of pbcs outlet (Why hasnt Haymon signed him? Mexican fanbase, truly talented, should be a no-brainer).

Comment

I guess he's still testing out his dodgy hand, but after this he needs to face someone relevant. If Roman gets past Sor Rungvisai and then chooses to face Inoue afterwards, I'm hoping we can get Cuadras vs. Estrada. Never mind Canelo vs. Chavez Jr, that would be a real Mexican megafight

Comment

Yo! that Benavidez and Porky Medina fight is fire! but lets get down to business! where is Ass-tekas and Mexican-Puppet? lets see amigos......so 'La Gallina' Estrada just vacated his WBA & WBO flyweight titles when he had the opportunity to become lineal champion vs. the #2. at the time Kazuto Ioka -- a fight that was mandated by the WBA btw...so I called it a duck, but the Estrada fanboys said he was chasing the P4P king Roman Gonzalez! HA! so now that Juan moved up to 115 hes fighting Edgar Sosa who is really a FLYWEIGHT! so my question is if you are going to fight flyweights....then why didn't you fight Ioka for a bigger purse and the lineal title?!

Lastly these clowns are going to give Edgar Sosa high praise, Im sure of it....they are going to do a little boxrec searching and see Sosa is ranked top five at Flyweight right....ok but remember when Roman Gonzalez destroyed him on his HBO debut ; remember how they said he was washed! but still good enough to fight a former top ten P4P fighter in Estrada tho? OK.
        Last edited by 1hourRun; 02-09-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Yo! that Benavidez and Porky Medina fight is fire! but lets get down to business! where is Ass-tekas and Mexican-Puppet? lets let amigos......so 'La Gallina' Estrada just vacated his WBA & WBO flyweight titles when he had the opportunity to become lineal champion vs. the #2. at the time Kazuto Ioka -- a fight that was mandated by the WBA btw...so I called it a duck, but the Estrada fanboys said he was chasing the P4P king Roman Gonzalez! HA! so now that Juan moved up to 115 hes fighting Edgar Sosa who is really a FLYWEIGHT! so my question is if you are going to fight flyweights....then why didn't you fight Ioka for a bigger purse and the lineal title?!

Lastly these clowns are going to give Edgar Sosa high praise, Im sure of it....they are going to do a little boxrec searching and see Sosa is ranked top five at Flyweight right....ok but remember when Roman Gonzalez destroyed him on his HBO debut ; remember how they said he was washed! but still good enough to fight a former top ten P4P fighter in Estrada tho? OK.
          You are arguing with yourself, 1hourdumb. This fight is trash. Sosa was so far past it when he got manhandled by Roman that it was sad... now this is pathetic.

Perhaps Estrada is still trying to test his hand out since he was complaining about it after facing Tabugon, but you are right... he could have atleast faced a legitamite super flyweight. Not some smaller, washed up fossil that his nemesis already pummeled to the ground.

Anyway, I will tune in cause I'm a fan of his... but I am rather disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post

Sosa is one tough SOB, and while he is shot, he has been in the ring with some of the best at the lower weight, he recently went 12 with Nietes, I believe that he goes 12 with Estrada too, Estrada is not known as a one punch K.O artist and with a suspect right hand he will not put 100% on his right punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              You are arguing with yourself, 1hourdumb. This fight is trash. Sosa was so far past it when he got manhandled by Roman that it was sad... now this is pathetic.

Perhaps Estrada is still trying to test his hand out since he was complaining about it after facing Tabugon, but you are right... he could have atleast faced a legitamite super flyweight. Not some smaller, washed up fossil that his nemesis already pummeled to the ground.

Oh there you go! at first I was like hey Ass-teka is keeping it 100 but then you keep on with that BS with his hand! what are you going to say if Sosa puts it on him?! get your excuses ready.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
                Sosa is one tough SOB, and while he is shot, he has been in the ring with some of the best at the lower weight, he recently went 12 with Nietes, I believe that he goes 12 with Estrada too, Estrada is not known as a one punch K.O artist and with a suspect right hand he will not put 100% on his right punch.
                Lets see 'La Gallina' Estrada finish Sosa in more impressive fashion than Chocolatito -- I mean hes a relic according to them so it should be easier now after Choco wrecked him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Lets see 'La Gallina' Estrada finish Sosa in more impressive fashion than Chocolatito -- I mean hes a relic according to them so it should be easier now after Choco wrecked him.
                  Estrada lacks the pressure and punch power to hurt Sosa early on, I am willing to bet that the fight goes 12.

Comment

Latest picture of Estrada(with Berchelt) you can clearly see his bum hand is still swollen.

Comment

Working...
                    X