Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mundine Files an Appeal Over Decision Loss To Danny Green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mundine Files an Appeal Over Decision Loss To Danny Green

Anthony Mundine has reportedly lodged an official appeal against his controversial points decision loss to Danny Green in last week's fight in Adelaide. News Corp Australia says Mundine filed the appeal on Wednesday, wanting the result of the bout changed to 'no decision' instead. The preliminary protest was made on Wednesday with the Australian National Boxing Federation, which must agree to hear the appeal.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bloody hell take the loss and retire when has an appeal ever solved anything?

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
      Bloody hell take the loss and retire when has an appeal ever solved anything?
      Sore loser

Comment

Damn, the ringside doctor wanted to stop the fight because he felt Green was too concussed?

Comment

Boxings biggest ass-hat. Ever.

Comment

My goodness can this guy just take his 10 mil and ride odd into the sunset!?

Comment

Probably shouldn't have given away the first 5 rounds in a ten round fight then.

Comment

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

American boxing judge Hubert Minn has admitted to the Australian media that he got his scorecard wrong when officiating the Danny Green vs. Anthony Mundine clash last Friday at the Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, South Australia. The “Green Machine” retained the Australian cruiserweight title by majority decision. The cards from the other judges were 96-94 (should have been 95-94) and 94-94. Minn’s card was an outlier. He scored it 98-90, crediting Green with nine of the ten rounds.

“I’m disappointed in myself. I was surprised with my own scorecard. Maybe I should have scored the last two rounds closer,” Minn told Triple M’s Seb Costello. “My phone’s blowing up. I’m getting texts from people I don’t even know asking if I was paid off. But I own my decision and I still believe Danny won the fight.”

Minn has worked fifty world title bouts and is based in Hawaii.

The Green-Mundine Australian title bout was officiated by three Americans and one Australian which was a first in Aussie boxing – and probably also a last.

Comment

Everyone in Australia is calling it a robbery even journalists and sportsman known for disliking Mundine. Mundine clearly outboxed Green again. Judge Morrow scored round 7 10-10 after Green lost a point for elbowing, the other 2 judges had it 10-8 Mundine, in fact it was the only round judge Minn gave Mundine, had Morrow scored 10-8 like the other 2 we have a majority draw. Of course Morrow won't admit to the error and risk getting sued by betting agencies who paid out on a Green win. In the first round the ref never called break or stop boxing he said "let him go" the Mundine punch was legal but the ref instinctively grabbed Green and stopped him from falling, meaning instant stoppage, the only way to continue the fight was to call it a foul. Green claimed he shook off the punch by the end of the round and won the 1st 4 rounds on all three cards before Mundine took full control, so it's hard to argue he was disadvantaged. It's only after everyone's cried robbery that Green's changed his story.

Comment

^^^^^ I wouldn't say that, I haven't watched all of it yet but green was winning up until the 7th, plenty of people I know had green winning and they are industry people, the ref had both hands on green when Mundine hit him in the 1st trying to push them apart

Comment

Working...
                    X