Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz-Frampton II a Refreshing Benchmark for Sportsmanship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz-Frampton II a Refreshing Benchmark for Sportsmanship

Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton II turned out to be as entertaining and action-packed a scrap as their first fight. Both fighters showed remarkable sportsmanship and mutual respect before, during and after the bout. But thrilling fights and gallantry are a dime a dozen in the sport of boxing. What made this fight really exceptional was its pre- and post-fight level of transparency.
    [Click Here To Read More]

To me these guys were too respectful of each other. It looked like a sparring session with no big moments and no defining rounds. The crowd was great though. When I heard that, I was hoping Frampton would answer his countrymen and take some risks. No wonder Connor is more popular back home than he is!

Comment

Poochquiao and oscarina de la **** could learn how to lose with class from these guys...... No excuses just respect for the opponent....

Comment

Decent fights...more like glorified sparring sessions since neither have the power to hurt or drop the other. Fights lack drama of Barrera-Morales or Holyfield-Bowe.

Comment

Another Ward v Gatti in making, true warriors makes sports legend.

Comment

I thought both men, but especially Frampton post fight, did the sport proud with how they conducted themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I thought both men, but especially Frampton post fight, did the sport proud with how they conducted themselves.
              yeah agreed

both exuded nothing but class

I was kind of neutral on both guys going in...but after that display I think I now consider myself a fan of both dudes

Comment

Yes it was that's how it should be but the sad thing is If both acted like fools cursing each other fake fights throwing things they would get higher ratings fake fans like drama over the art the science

Comment

With all the horrible fights out there one sided or two bums these fights are just decent? You must not watch a lot of real fights these were great action fights not every fight is a ko ever watch a Floyd sparring session Berto Guerrero etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    yeah agreed

both exuded nothing but class

I was kind of neutral on both guys going in...but after that display I think I now consider myself a fan of both dudes
                    I'm a BIG fan of Santa Cruz but Frampton made me a fan of his. I wish nothing but the best for both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X